A strategic and creative consumer and B2B specialist with more than 10 years Experience and knowledge in the wellness, disease management, health coaching, incentives, and biometrics industries integrating web (online) content and decision support tools within the financial and health & wellness industry. I enjoy working with clients to assess opportunities and develop visual solutions that can be carried out from conceptualization through production and distribution. I am also at ease juggling multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines and maintaining a cheerful disposition. I am eager to learn and quick to react to changing trends.
B2B, B2C, Social Media, Software-as-a-Service (saas), Health & Wellness, Consumerism, Consumer Driven Healthcare, Health Management, Product Marketing, Marketing & Strategic Planning, Product Management/Development, Sales & Account Management and Financial Modeling and P&Ls.
Along with my interest in social media and web based technologies, I am an avid do-it-yourselfer, traveler and gadgeteer. I also enjoy going to plays and town fairs with my wife and daughter.
Apr 2009 - Present
Manager, Product Development
All aspects of product development including strategic, P&L, design, sales and marketing. Focus in online content and decision support products.
- Manage multiple vendor relationships including but not limited to WebMD, American Specialty Health, NYSC and Davis Vision.
- Enhance and promote web based consumer decision support tools (i.e., Health Risk Assessment, Personal Health Record , Lifestyle Management Telephonic Health Coaching and Social Networking programs) through online, mobile and tablet channels.
- Managed online information and content request for proposal (RFP) including 11 vendors through procurement process
- Renegotiated WebMD contract for a savings of $300k over a 3 year period while adding newer products to the existing portfolio.
- Manage P&L of approximately $4m.
- Support our e-business team in overhauling multiple web portal solutions in an effort to enhance member/consumer experience and engagement.
- Drove strategic direction for replacement of Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP) platform solutions for Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Reimbursement Reimbursement (HRA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Supported sales in increasing CDHP member enrollment by 76% within a 12 month period by developing marketing strategies and tool kits.
- Manage and re-evaluate discount portfolio programs to eliminate redundant offerings.
- Strategically assist marketing in developing collateral specific to producer, group, and members through on-line and off-line channels.
- Collaborate with actuarial to develop ROI models for various product offerings.
- Experience in building business cases and requirements to support IT implementation efforts.
Dec 2007 - Mar 2009
Manager, Marketing and Product Development
Developed creative, targeted, and effective collateral and content to support overall branding objectives, with specific expertise and success pertaining to web site management.
- Create and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with clients, associates, and external contacts.
- Applied creative use of information technology while positively interacting with various departments.
- Assisted in the design and branding of Website, Graphics, and Flash animation to advance the objectives and success of diverse clientele.
- Applied creative use of information technology and negotiations to communicate a client’s objective while positively interacting with various departments
- Developed product development life cycle from ground up incorporating various strategies (i.e., Six Sigma and 4Ps)
- Managed wide variety of tasks and projects covering customer/market research, competitor intelligence, sales support and internal communications
- Lead, developed and managed marketing strategies to attract and retain customers
- Managed marketing P&L of $1.2m
Jun 2006 - May 2007
Product Development Consultant
Responsible for all phases of consumer directed health plans from assessment through strategy execution and on-going monitoring of implementation tactics and results.
- Successfully managed the on-schedule delivery of 6 on-line and 4 off-line project initiatives
- Accountable for timely completion of product analysis, as well as formal marketing plans, presentations and implementation of product changes
- Increased Health Savings Account (HSA) market adoption by 10% in a 6 month time frame
- Leveraged intra-segment initiatives to alleviate duplicative efforts and reduced potential expenses of approximately $650,000
- Promote positive communication to existing clients, business segments, sales and product development teams
Dec 2002 - May 2006
Strategic Marketing & Creative Consultant
Responsible for the design and development of marketing materials relative to consumer directed health plans, specifically Health Savings Accounts (HSA).
- Developed and implemented internal newsletter highlighting business successes.
- Designed broker, employer and member communication sales collateral for both on-line and off-line use.
- Analyzed sales data using Salesforce.com and made recommendations to help improve the company's sales efforts.
- Created presentations for the sales team to enhance the effectiveness of their sales tactics.
- Created user friendly HSA application process.
- Worked with external vendors to create and maintain website content.
- Led a team of 4 account representatives increasing provider sales volume by 48%.
- Supervised average sales calls of 85 per day per account representative.
- Increased expense revenue of approximately $1.7m per year.
- Managed relationships with top provider networks, including: Quest Diagnostics, Lab Corp.
- Exceeded monthly provider enrollment goals on average by 7%.
- Created executive scorecards for development & financial tracking.
- Reported monthly project financial results to senior business and corporate executives.
- Involved in project presentations to mid and senior levels of management.
- Worked on complex financial projects, under broad direction and minimal supervision.