Director, Cultural & Community Programs
Center on Halsted
As Director of Cultural and Community Programs I concieved, planned, organized and implemented a variety of programs and events that included live theatre, dance, music, art exhibits & more; community workshops, classes, panel discussions, legal seminars, etc; recreational activities such as pilates, yoga, meditation, fitness and health/wellness classes, as well as a variety of family-focused special events, among many other opportunities. These events were located both on-site at COH and off-site to members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and our allies.
Center on Halsted
(Chicago’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community center)
- Conceived, planned, and implemented 140 diverse events and recurring programs annually, focusing on community, culture, recreation and family.
- Designed and managed $85,000 program budget, strategically focusing on low or no expense partnerships while successfully achieving the organizations’ program mission.
- Increased participant attendance 50% within 12 months, averaging 700-1000 people per month.
- Increased volunteer satisfaction across organization.Surpassed goal of 50 new volunteers/month.
- Raised organizational profile with events noted in more than 20 featured articles in Chicago Tribune, Sun Times and a variety of local and national media outlets.
- Successfully created two distinct career development programs “OUTsource” catering to 100+ people new to the job scene,and another for more than 75 professionals seeking “Executive and Professional Career Training Services", offering ongoing career transitional support, one-on-one professional coaching and business networking opportunities.
- Successfully introduced 30 community programs focusing on legal workshops, financial planning, adoption, foster care, continuing education and social networking.
- Created and managed new partnerships with Chicago’s premiere cultural institutions including Goodman, Lookingglass, Steppenwolf, Lyric Opera, Joffrey Ballet, and Hubbard Street Dance.
- Produced 68 individual cultural events.
- Fostered 65% increase in participation within family programming,
- Developed eight popular fitness classes, including Dance, Self-Defense, Yoga, and Pilates.
- Created recreational programs for children aged 2 -5yrs, as well as Seniors.