My name is Dawood Iftakhar, completed my Masters degree (MSc Economics) in September 2010 and Started career in HOPE'87 (Austrian Organization) as Reporting Officer. Currently working as Manager - Monitoring & Evaluation) .I have good working experience how to build a strong relationship in all departments and organizations, daily management of project operations, preparing project activity budgets, completion of project tasks timely, Involved in over all planning, Support role at Project proposal stage, monitoring of the project activities, procurement at field and regional office level. Also a field experience of more then 3 years in different areas of Pakistan (Punjab, Sindh, KPK).
To work in learning and challenging environment, utilizing my skill and knowledge and contribute positively to my personal growth as well as growth of the organization.
May 2013 - Present
Manager - Monitoring & Evaluation (Islamabad & Peshawar)
Major responsibilities :
- Monitoring of the action during the whole project cycle.
- Compilation of technical, Weekly and Monthly progress reports and develop case studies.
- Develop/update specific monitoring tools; questionnaires for baseline, evaluation, KAP surveys,conduct assessment, Project SOPs (Standard operational Procedures) , Planning of all the activities according to project design.
- Ensure effective participation in the existing and upcoming coordination mechanisms across Government agencies, international community and civil society at the project level, provincial and national levels.
- Make periodic visits to other implementing agencies, government authorities and local government office for sharing best practices and to avoid duplication.
- Liaise with the local stakeholders and Ministries for necessary approvals, notifications.
- Provide technical assistance to government departments at provincial/regional level.
- Responsible for coordination, management and organisation of project activities between Regional offices, Project offices and Head office.
- Ensure completion of project tasks timely and according to the outcomes indicated in project LFA.
- Prepare project budgets for all project activities.
- Monitoring of the budget and program activities.
- Undertake random and specific monitoring surveys, make regular visits to the project sites and interact with communities to get feedback and check the progress against LFA.
- Developing a training plans.
- Assistance in liaison with head of stakeholders education Dept I/NGOs.
- Monitoring of the procurement at all stages
Aug 2012 - Apr 2013
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Sindh)
- Day to day followup of activities during implementation to measure progress and identify deviations.
- Developing questionnaires and survey forms.
- Develop monitoring tools
- Undertake random and specific monitoring surveys.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Assist National and Operation Managers in regularly providing of data on the performance of project activities.
- Monitor project implementation as per action plan and highlight the gaps and steering measures.
- Make regular visits in the field and interact with communities to get feedback.
- Compilation of technical reports and develop case studies.
- Ensure completion of the project tasks timely and according to the outcomes indicated in project LFA.
- Assist in developing training plan for the project life.
- Establishes good working relationship with all relevant stake holders in the target area.
- Daily management of project operations.
- Monitoring of the procurement at field level
- Monitoring of financial procedures at field level and prepare financial reports
Jul 2011 - Jul 2012
Community Motivator & Team Leader (Multan)
- Field visits to project area on a daily basis.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Prepare weekly & monthly work plans.
- Monitor & supervise all activities of field staffs.
- Attend and conducted meetings with Community Based Organizations.
- Prepare a detailed monitoring plan for field staff and Manage Procurement related activities.
- Deliver Awareness sessions in schools & community.
- Prepare case studies on standard format.
- To raise awareness that community members they can move each community out of poverty.
- To provide community leaders with management skills and knowledge in getting community members interested, organized and motivated.
Sep 2010 - Jun 2011
Reporting Officer (Islamabad)
- Assist in detailed surveys / assessments.
- Documentation of beneficiary households in communities.
- Investigate various types of media for undertaking the awareness campaigns.
- Participate in mobilizing the community (field level)
- Serve as the link between perspective beneficiaries and the action.
- Provide feedback to supervisors regarding the emerging needs and policy formulation accordingly.
- Prepare Annual activity reports.
- Prepare minutes of meetings.
- Prepare monthly and weekly progress reports.
- Maintain leave records of all staff & Stationary Records (standard format )
- Hiring of Staff (prepare Job AD, Conducting interviews.
- Logistic arrangements for all events.
- Maintain procurement documents.
- Transportation letter, cover letter, Purchase orders.
- Prepare Performance evaluation report, increment and promotion letters.
- Prepare reports (Training reports, workshops , seminars etc).
- Documentation of projects.
- Support finance in salary process and bank dealing regarding any matter.
- Dealing employee’s insurance matters, benefit and other related issues.
Aug 2008 - Aug 2010
National University of Modern Languages
Aug 2005 - Apr 2007
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
Major Subjects: Math, Statistics, Economics
Jun 2003 - Jun 2005
F.G.Sir Syed College
Major Subjects: Math, Statistics, Physics