Jun 2009 - Present
Juniper Institute for Young Writers
Aug 2010 - Dec 2010
Completed breadth requirement for University of California, Berkeley.
Jun 2010 - Jul 2010
Iowa Young Writers' Studio
Participated in workshops and activities with Master of Fine Arts graduates of the Iowa Writers' Workshop in both poetry and fiction as well as visiting writers. Contributed to culminating session reading.
Aug 2006 - May 2010
High School Diploma
Summa Cum Laude
Cross & Anchors Award, Congregation of the Holy Cross
Principal's Honor Roll
Student Curriculum Committee
Discipline Review Committee
Editor-in-Chief of Sea Changes art and literary magazine
Managing/Copy Editor of The Explorer monthly periodical (NSPA Pacemaker Award Winner)
Robert R. Zielinski Scholarship Recipient
Holy Cross Award Winner
Father Moreau Scholar
May 2008 - Present
American Red Cross Certified - CPR and First Aid
Swimming Lesson Instructor
Aug 2010 - Present
Provides client-specific, biographical text to ReputationDefender for the purposes of online reputation restoration, protection from defamation, and general image protection. Clients for whom work has been performed have included, but are not limited to:
- State governors
- Senior federal officials
- Financial executives of Fortune 500 companies
- Professors of top-ranked graduate programs
- Tech innovators
- Video game and graphic designers
- Small business owners
- Hate-crime victims
- Corporate pilots
Jun 2010 - Aug 2010
New Media Innovation Team Project Support
Summer internship. Contributed to the development and innovation of techniques to implement the usage of social media for the purpose of both engaging the Ames Research Center community and for disseminating National Aeronautics and Space Administration discoveries and programs to the public by:
- Designing and implementing a strategy for social media usage for the promotion of, and engagement with, live events, as demonstrated at Ames Discovery Day in August 2010.
- Spearheading the beginnings of an internal blog with the purpose of cultivating social media usage and culture at Ames Research Center.
- Facilitated, in part, the development of one of the first social media-oriented promotion plans for a government-sponsored publication, Psychology of Space Exploration: Contemporary Research in Historical Perspective, slated for release in Fall 2010 by the NASA History Office in conjunction with the SETI Institute.
- Contributed feedback and input on preliminary designs for one of the first internal federal agency training programs on social media usage.
- Assisted in various capacities, by working with experts of numerous disciplines, to provide insight in regard to new strategies, projects, and ideas on how to engage the Ames Research Center community with social media and demonstrate the importance of new communicative technologies.
- Attended the 2010 Lunar Science Conference at NASA Ames Research Center.
Click here to read press coverage of the New Media Innovation Team in the Los Angeles Times.
Aug 2009 - Jun 2010
Intern - News and Opinion Writing