Strategic manager with CIO level success in planning, cost management, IT governance and service management. Problem solver and people leader noted for transforming IT departments in a global organisation. Quality-driven with global financial experience; able to relocate.
Delivering effective leadership that increases customer satisfaction and shareholder value
Inspirational Leader | Customer Driven | Strategic Planner
Commercial Focus | Results Orientated | Change Manager
2009 Promotion - Deputy CIO, IT Strategy & Governance (HSBC)
2009 HBAU Emerging Talent Pool (HSBC)
2008 Absolutely Leadership Programme (HSBC)
2007 Promotion - Head of Quality Delivery (HSBC)
2005 eMpowerment Programme (SGB)
2004 Star Award (SGB)
2003 Pinpoint Achiever
2002 Pinpoint Achiever
Diploma of Business Management
FINSIA Active Membership
ISACA Active Membership
ITIL V3 Foundation
SAI Global 4360 Risk Management
Certified Information Security Manager
Certified Information System Security Professional
Japanese Language – Certificate 1
- Positively impacted profitability and customer satisfaction by delivering a 71% Year-On-Year reduction of critical and high incidents.
- Increased staff satisfaction scores by 25% as part of the IT Leadership team, ensuring the IT department was the best place to work.
- Delivered best in class remote access solution that leveraged global and local infrastructure, enabling HR to execute the flexible working programme for Australian and New Zealand.
- Created group leading IT Security Off-Shoring Model that enabled large and small local sites to focus on business initiatives and significantly reducing high volume/low value tasks.
- Established sustained cost reductions through standardisation of software procurement that leveraged global agreements.
- Secured substantial project saves by challenging the status quo and empowering staff to identify alternative designs.
2009 - Present
Deputy CIO, IT Strategy & Governance
The HSBC Group is one of the largest financial services organisations in the world. HTS is the IT and operations service provider for 350,000 employees, spanning 86 countries and 125-million-customers worldwide. HTS is a major user of advanced information technology, with an annual budget of USD39 billion.
Selected to drive strategic vision as a HTS leadership team member and collaborator; deliver tactical and strategic planning designed to improve customer services levels, maximized investment and reduce cost to revenue.
- Deputy to the CIO: duties include attend meetings on behalf of the CIO when unavailable or on leave and support the executive IT Steering Committee.
- Established the Strategy Management forum; enabling senior management greater cohesion with local and group strategic initiatives.
- Established the Business Continuity Steering Committee; ensuring increased governance over the Business Continuity programme.
- 360 degree rating of 6 (highest 7) across 5 domains including Inspirational and Empowered Leadership, Customer Drive, Leading and engaging others, Drive for results and motivation.
- Exceeded the staff satisfaction stretch target of 65% within my team.
2007 - 2009
Head of IT Quality Delivery
Promoted to oversee the Quality Delivery department, charted to build and deploy ITIL based service management disciplines across Australia and New Zealand.
- Developed and implemented IT Quality Delivery strategic plan, enabling an increased quality of service to the business across Australia and New Zealand:
- 40% reduction in priority one outages in year 1
- 22% reduction in service minutes lost on priority one outages
- Exceeding 99.9% on PLA’s
- Reducing disruptive changes to within 0.5% of all changes.
- Responsible for managing 4 direct reports with 14 onshore and offshore staff, supporting a multimillion-dollar annual operating plan.
2006 - 2007
IT Security Manager
Managed the HTS IT Security department chartered to design, build and deploy IT Security based disciplines across Australia and New Zealand.
- Defined and managed the IT monitoring project, that ensured IT security and IT operations had comprehensive system visibility, minimising customer impact.
- Lowered IT infrastructure costs by 25% through implementing a vulnerability management process.
2003 - 2006
Information Security Officer
St George Bank
St. George, part of the Westpac Group, is one of Australia’s leading Retail and Business Banking brands. Responsible for managing the Information Security department chartered to establish and maintain an Information Security Management Framework nationally.
- Established and managed the executive business and IT information security steering committee.
- Project managed the Security Information Management System deployment
- $600k budget delivered on time and under budget
- Enabling greater control over network traffic that reduce congestion
- Increased branch terminal response times for staff and customers.
2001 - 2003
Ponpoint Pty Ltd
Asia Pacific's largest and most successful marketing company; ranked in the top 3 loyalty companies in the world with over 400 employees and an annual turnover exceeding $120 million. Tasked to manage eCommerce infrastructure; supporting internal and external rewards programmes for financial institutions. These included Visa, American Express, Westpac, Citi and Bank West.
- Contributed to the redesign of the rewards transaction web content
- Reduced the the display time from over 1 minute to less than 3 seconds
- Improved customer experience
- Provided capability to on sell product to other financial institutions.
1999 - 2001
Forward Media Pty Ltd
Forward media is a consulting provider in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra, specialising in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) & eCommerce systems implementation and maintenance. Tasked to consult on and managed client infrastructure for internet start-ups such as ISIS Communications and Zland throughout Sydney and Melbourne.
- (ISIS) Responsible for establishing a cohesive working relationship between internal development staff and the external contracting team that ensured the only successfully product delivered by ISIS.
- (Zland) Designed and implemented a service request database at Zland, ensuring straight through processing of customer web portal creation, enabling increased volumes within existing staff constraints.
1994 - 1999
MIW Pty Ltd
Owned and operated a business that specialized in industrial clothing and footwear, servicing government and large corporate in NSW with an annualized revenue of +$2Million. Larger customers included Telstra, RTA, Australia Post, Schweppes, Arnott's, Caltex and Energy Australia.
- Successfully negotiated consignment stock with an emerging supplier, enabling greater cash flow that lead to improved credit history.
- Established successful account relationship programme
- Increased sales revenue by 27%
- Reduced the average debtor age below 30 days.
- Established partnering agreement with similar operators in Australia; enabling increased buying power that lead to successful contracts with several government departments.
- Designed software required to manage multiple mobile sock warehousing and reconciliation; significantly reduced stock loss and increasing turn-around time for the mobile warehouses.