Welcome to my online portfolio.My name is Yanique Shaw I am graduating in May 2010 from Salem State College. I will receive my Bachelor of Science in Communications with a focus in PR and a minor in Marketing. During my college career, I have been heavily involved in co-curricular activities. I am the chapter president for SSC PRSSA, as well as the advertising manager for the school newspaper. My goal is to utilize my education in PR and the experiences I acquired through internships to lead me to a successful career. With PRSSA, I have the opportunity to lead a group of motivated students in successful campaigns and events for various clients. I am looking forward to many more success stories working for a PR agency. Let's take a look at how my PR experiences will allow me to bring value to your company. Thank you for visiting my Visual CV!
An event PRSSA hosted to teach students etiquette.
Jan 2010 - Present
• Assist Senior Marketing Director with corporate office campaigns for upscale urban mall.• Develop and execute marketing opportunities for stores to increase customer traffic.• Assist planning Passport to Style, a 600-plus event for shoppers.• Measure the effectiveness of PR, marketing campaigns, ROI and contests.
May 2009 - Present
As the president, I have led my chapter to very successful semester, we have gotten coverage for our clients and continue to measure the results.
• Lead pre-professional student-run chapter of the national PR organization.
• Clients include American Cancer Society, U.S. Census Bureau and Wiggio.com.• Create, implement, execute and promote campaigns, events and ideas.• Launch campaigns for clients targeting Salem State College students.
Winner of two 2010 New England Pub Club Bellringer Awards for client campaigns.
Winner of the Salem State College McIlraith Award.
Nov 2005 - Present
Onboarding Coordinator & Fashion Expert
-Train all new employees and oversee associates on new trends on selling fashion merchandise and how operate computerized cash registers in retail store. -Preserve brand image and merchandise sales floor.
Sales Associate Nov. 2005—Feb. 2007 -Personified Express brand by implementing sales techniques and creating looks for customers, and improved performance by studying fashion trends.
May 2009 - Jul 2009
Located in London, England PR firm
• Beauty department intern of PR firm, achieved press and media opportunities for clients. • Established social media presence and helped plan 700-plus media, celebrity and VIP guest list launch party event for Ed Hardy designer Christian Audigier. • Assisted multiple Account Directors in campaigns for clients in the beauty, fashion and lifestyle departments.
Jan 2009 - May 2009
• Promoted events by creating print advertisements and through social networking to advertise for store specializing in organic and natural products for babies and young children. • Performed floor sets, which resulted in increased revenue. • Introduce new pricing and sales events as well as develop promotions for merchandise.
Press Coverage I received during my internship in London.
For my PR class, Borders was a mock client. Attached is an event proposal.
Feature Story for the Log Newspaper on Maria Machados' experience as a contestant on What Not To Wear.
During my internship, I helped to plan this 600 plus charity and fashion event.
Designed a mock newsletter for my Advanced PR class.
Sep 2006 - Present
Bachelor of Science in Communications
• Majoring in Communications with Public Relations concentration and Marketing minor. • Dean’s List student Spring 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008 and Fall 2009.
Winner of Salem State College Special Recognition award.