Innovative Operational Efficiency Expert, Corporate Strategist and Change Agent
Leveraging a unique background in supply chain management, strategy, and performance management leading to significant accomplishments in reengineering operations and maximizing profitability. An inspirational leader, highly skilled in corporate strategies, execution, business integration, commercialization, process improvement, and strategic sourcing. Career reflects global experience, expertise in turnarounds and generating nearly $1.8 billion in cost savings.
Possess deep experience in the following areas:
- Supply Chain, Logistics, and Operations Strategy
- Strategic Sourcing and Outsourcing
- Supplier Performance Management using Lean Six Sigma Principles
- Supply Chain Management IT Systems Design and Implementation
Setup and managed $7 billion annual supply chain program
Challenged to setup a supply chain capable of meeting the needs of a $7 billion annual facility construction program for global telecommunications provider. Effected a successful culture change throughout division and refocused all personnel on service quality and delivery execution. Setup and managed 5 national DC's, delivering material to 196 customer locations, managed transportation providers, and led design and implementation of proprietary SCM business systems.
- Within 1 year, tripled operational capacity enabled company to meet all customer service level requirements.
- While improving service levels, transitioned manual operations to highly automated system, reducing annual operating budget 33%, saving $8 million per year.
Recovered $200 million cash through inventory rationalization programs
Devised plan that addressed monumental issues with aged material and uncontrolled inventory through advanced forecasting techniques, supplier negotiations, and inventory optimizations. Results:
- Led engineering to develop modularized BOMs, reducing SKU count by 70% along with significant savings in reduced purchasing, materials management, and warehousing workload.
- Negotiated with suppliers to resell obsolete inventory resulting in the recovery of $200 million cash.
Reduced operating costs by 50% while increasing productivity 600%
Tapped by the Chief Financial Officer to fill a newly created executive position, and immediately executed strategies to turnaround a SCM business process outsource provider's operations that provided unacceptable service to clients coupled with unprofitable operating costs. Reined in out-of-cost controls and led a total overhaul of the supply chain organization to slash operational costs and drive quality improvements. Results:
- Lowered annual operating expenses by 50% by totally reengineering all aspects of the SCM function.
- Increased service levels while eliminating historical two-week order backlog and increasing inventory accuracy from 64% to 99.94% in 9 months.
- Led Lean Six Sigma improvement projects, increasing worker productivity by 600%.
Led implementation of corporate ERP, MRP, and MES Systems
Selected, designed, and implemented ERP systems to include; Sales Order Processing, Master Scheduling, MRP, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Shop Floor Control, Manufacturing Execution Modules and Lean Tools in Oracle, PeopleSoft, JDEdwards, and SAP systems.