Office Administrator - Program Coordinator
The Manitoba Camping Association is a small, 2 person, non profit organization governing organized residential camping standards in Manitoba as well as running the Sunshine Fund Program which provides supports to Manitoban families without the financial means to send their children to summer camp.
This position was full time from the school spring break until September and reverting to part time during the off season. My main responsibilities revolved around the Sunshine Fund prior to and during the camping season and then as support to the Executive Director during the off season.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reception: providing information to clients, camps and various organizations and companies with an interest in the MCA and Sunshine Fund.
- Accounting: entering all accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll, back reconciliations, preparation of financial statements and reports.
PRIOR TO AND DURING CAMPING SEASON:
- Donor Management: assisted the executive director with the annual donation drive; data entry entering the donations into a database and maintaining the records; issuing receipts.
- Processing Sunshine Fund Applications: Helping clients fill in the application and in providing the required supporting documentation; reviewing and qualifying/disqualifying applicants; securing camp sessions for approved clients; all communication with parents.
OFF SEASON DUTIES:
- Prepare web site and Manitoba Camping Directory for publication for the the upcoming season.
- Assist with yearly membership renewal.
- Assist with accounting year-end.
- Assist with the annual "Parade of Camps".
- Assist with changes/improvements to the Sunshine Fund.