During my service in the hospitality field, I have strived to contribute my best to bring a smile filled with satisfaction on the faces of the people I attend to everyday. I have strived to do that with utter honesty, integrity, enthusiasm and passion. I do my utmost, in action, to reflect the devotion I hold for this domain to all encountered. I will continue to push myself to meet higher expectations and ambitions for the years to come.
Cooking, snowboarding, reading, music and theater.
Nov 2011 - Present
Food & Beverage Director
- Managed day to day operations for eight F&B outlets with aggressive budge
- Strategic planning for each individual outlet
- Improved GOP, covers, Ave Check and F&B revenue per outlets
- ·Managed EFTE's and productivity in the department
- ·Worked with various suppliers for high end events
- ·In charge of all government events taking place in the hotel.
- ·Budgeting/forecasting and managing flow throughs.
- ·Defining themes and outlet concepts
- ·Increase market share per outlet
Dec 2009 - Nov 2011
F&B Operations Manager
- In charge of all F&B outlets. All outlets range between 185 to 300 seating capacity.
- Budgeting and Forecasting for all outlets.
- Planning and executing promotions for Chinese New Year, Mooncake Festival and other regional national days.
- Opened and created files and performance reviews for all department heads.
- Set financial, colleague and guest satisfaction goals to be achieved through out the department.
- Initiated beverage/alcohol program within the hotel in association with beverage suppliers.
- Implemeting incentive programs for all colleagues including leaders.
- Initiated a training prgram that is monitored and updated by F&B Training manager.
- Increased JD-Power guest satisfaction within all the 7 outlets.
- Renovated three of the outlets to maintain a strong market share.
- Set plans and promotions for Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2010/11
Jan 2010 - Mar 2010
Pre-opening Team Leader
- In charge of recruiting and up-dating the manning guide for pre opening phase.
- Organized job fairs ranging between 500 to 600 attendies.
- Initiated recruitment office where all applications go through pre-screening, distributed to different department accordingly and go through the hire process.
- Assisted in creating '' Colleague's Hand Book'' as part of pre-opening welcoming pack that helpes in hotel orientation.
- Edited Job descriptions.
- Assisted in setting up the beverage menu for the hotel.
- In charge of welcoming and orienting other transition team members.
- Assisted with setting up Operating Supplies and Equipments.
Aug 2009 - Dec 2009
General Manager, Executive Conference Center
- In charge of the Banquets Operations Team and the Conference & Catering Team.
- Manage day -to - day operations and head daily meeting with both departments.
- Increased cover numbers in all outlets through private events and VIP functions in outlets.
- Utilized slow moving areas around the hotel for events.
- Initiated outside catering for VIP guests.
- Managed operating and labor cost effeciently throughout recetion time.
- Maintained Assitant F&B Dir. job description and overlooked all other F&B outlets daily operations.
- In charge of all VIP events within and outside the hotel for diplomatic deligates and Shieks.
- Increased revenue by developing daily deligate packages for groups and corporate guests.
- Market research within our comp set and did competative analysis.
Apr 2008 - Jul 2009
Assistant Director, F&B
- Manage day-to-day operations for 11 food and beverage outlets ranging between fine dining to cafes, casual, all day dining and, lounge.
- Brought consistency in work areas when it comes to room set ups, service and guest satisfaction and implementation of hotel standards, policies and procedures.
- Implementing out of the box promotions in collaboration with sister hotels around the world to cross expose various cuisines in our outlets.
- Forecasting and yearly budgeting for all 11 outlets.
- Bringing up the Richey Audit scores from 67% in 2007 to 86% in 2008.
- Assisted in placing the OS&E for the Fairmont Palm- UAE
- Assisted in recruiting for Fairmont Abu Dhabi pre opening team
- Managing costs and tighter controls on all F&B operating expenses and maximizing revenues.
Aug 2007 - Apr 2008
Director, Banquets & Events
- In charge of day to day operation for total of 20 meeting rooms, outside catering for VIP guests and Ballroom for 600 guests seated.
- Completed state of the art signage system for the Executive Meeting Floor at the hotel using digital touch screen signage.
- Upgraded all buffet set ups and discarded all linen use for buffet and coffee stations, replaced by cutting edge stainless steel and pampered glass stations.
- Increase Employee Satisfaction where banquets took second place in the hotel.
- Menu design and engineering for meetings and conferences.
- Increase guest satisfaction survey from 3.5/5 to 4.1/5.
- Achieved the assigned budget and was able increase profitability within the department through cutting costs and controlling payroll.
- Elected Leader of the quarter. 2007
- Manage up to 100 staff even more based on events.
- In charge of training programs within the department
- In charge of recruiting for the department (FSI certified).
- Implemented a career development programs for BQTs colleagues, based on their performance.
- Implemented a Recognition Program “Colleagues of the Month” within the department.
- Assisted in assigning BQT’s colleagues in various committees within the hotel such as Health & Safety, JD- Powers, and Service Plus.
- Made sure all BEO’s (Banquet Event Orders) are implemented to the smallest details, with the follow up after the event with all cliental.
- In Charge of The Arabian Travel Market Theme Nights at the Fairmont Dubai which was a great success recognized by the VP and GM of The Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – Dubai & Africa.
- Member of the Peppermint Lounge Club management team. (Weekly event/concert up to 3000+ pax)
- Cost control and maximizing revenues.
Jul 2007 - Aug 2007
Pre-opening Team Leader
- In charge of recruitment process and recruitment team
- Conducted over 700 interviews
- Initiated a registration system for all applicants for tracking purposes
- Reported to corporate office directly
- Initiated a recruitment central office
- Organized two job fairs with 800 attendies
Cornell University - eCornell
Oct 1995 - Nov 1999
Bachelors of Science
Lebanese American University
Lebanese Red Cross - Youth Section
§ Elected Vice President for the club (1996-1997). § Elected President for the club (1998-1999). § Elected Director of the General Assembly for the club (2000-2001). § Organized two Children’s Festivals in Chanay (Lebanon) – summer 1996 & 1997 in addition to many other recreational & educational activities. § Elected Best Active Member for the year 1997-1998.