Andrea is currently working in corporate communications in the Pittsburgh region. With a bachelor's degree in journalism (concentration in public relations), she possesses a passion and talent for writing. Her professional experience includes social media, event planning and feature writing.
Jan 2015 - Present
Corporate Communications Manager
ServiceLink, a Black Knight company
- Responsible for developing and implementing internal communications strategy
- Analyze situations, objectives audiences and strategies to identify appropriate communications media (ie. newsletters, e-mails, videos) to provide information to employees
- Write, edit and produce all internal communiqués as necessary for executive leadership and various departments
Apr 2013 - Jan 2015
Associate Communications Specialist
- Coordinated and managed internal communications with employees for company CEO, executives and managers such as personnel announcements, day-to-day information and organizational changes
- Managed weekly employee news content – create story ideas, manage editorial calendar, author articles, post to internal website
- Managed site communications for 16 LANXESS NAFTA sites as needed by providing copy editing needs, organizing photo shoots, providing support for internal/external events, etc.
- Assisted with planning logistics, supporting promotion and organizing content for company events – internal and external
- Managed entire production process of bimonthly employee newsletter – authoring articles, coordinating layout and proofing with international agency, and managing full printing and distribution schedules
- Assisted with media and crisis training for site and plant managers
- Managed internal communications in event of a crisis – work with crisis team and site managers to provide information to employees as needed
Jul 2012 - Apr 2013
Social Media Coordinator
- Managed development of social content and handled daily engagement for multiple brands with audiences of 700,000+
- Created comprehensive monthly reports using social media monitoring and engagement data and insights
- Worked across departments to plan, execute and evaluate integrated marketing campaigns and promotions
- Assisted with various public relations tasks : media list development, blogger outreach, project management, brand research for new business opportunities
Dec 2011 - Jul 2012
Public Relations and Social Media Apprentice
Dec 2010 - Jan 2012
- Customer service
- Floor sets/marketing
- Cashier duties
Oct 2010 - Dec 2010
BLVD is a brand and publication in Athens, Ga., that focuses on the trends and culture of young professionals living, working and socializing in the Athens area.
- Managed five public relations interns.
- Assigned and oversaw various duties, news releases, campaigns, etc.
- Managed relationship with media: local newspapers, magazines, radio stations, etc.
- Worked closely with Events and Social Media Directors.
Aug 2010 - Sep 2010
PR/Events/Social Media Intern
Jun 2006 - May 2010
- Helped students and parents deal with a number of issues ranging from roommate conflicts, dining issues and general housing concerns
- Administrative tasks, such as answering phones and walk-ins, filing and organizing housing contracts, etc.
May 2009 - Aug 2009
The local newspaper of Indiana, Pa.
- Achieved about 20 bylines.
- Conducted over-the-phone and in-person interviews.
- Covered events, meetings and many local-interest stories.
- Copy editing.
- Worked local election night. Attended a few different court cases.
Overall, I gained a wide variety of journalism skills and experience. I feel I now have the flexibility to write any type of article.
Sep 2007 - May 2009
Penns Manor Area High School Majorette Squad
I volunteered for the Penns Manor majorette assistant coach position for two years. I helped high school girls with their twirling abilities during marching and indoor-competition season, encouraged and improved teamwork, all the while improving my leadership skills.
- Public Relations Student Society of America member, 2009 - 2010
- Virgina Ann Deem Journalism Memorial Scholarship recipient, Spring 2009 and Spring 2010
- Dean’s List: Fall 2007, Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Summer 2009, Fall 2009, Spring 2010
Aug 2006 - May 2010
- Graduated cum laude
- Program GPA: 3.62
- Overall GPA: 3.36
Member of IUP-PRSSA, 2009 - 2010Staff writer for The Penn, IUP's student-run newspaper, 2008-2010