Sep 2010 - Present
Sep 2008 - Jun 2010
Sep 2006 - Sep 2008
NVQ Level 2
Sep 2004 - Sep 2005
Sep 2003 - Sep 2004
Sep 2003 - Sep 2004
Sep 2001 - Sep 2003
Sep 2003 - Present
- Shadowing an auto-cue operator whilst filming television productions at the BBC television center.
- Working closely with the production team.
Portaprompt developed the world's first digital prompter in the UK and has continued to be at the fore front of teleprompting or autocuing ever since. We have a very busy autocue hire and prompting equipment hire service that sees action all over the globe, have developed prompting products that are able to cope with the rigours of regular travel with the utmost reliability and portability.
Mar 2011 - Present
- To film the event over across the weekend.
- To produce and edit videos for online use about the event.
Mar 2011 - Present
- To film documentary footage for Kate Nash whilst promoting her 'Kate Nash's Rock N Roll For Girls After-School Club'.
- Filming live performances from her U.K tour and liaising with Kate to discuss ideas for the documentary.
Mar 2011 - Mar 2011
- Produced a short online video for 'The News' to accompany a news article.
- Worked to an overnight deadline to publish the content the next morning.
Mar 2010 - Jul 2010
Interactive Team Leader/Camera Operator/Editor
- To document and produce marketing assistance to the Dorset Music Awards 2010 semi final and final.
- To design and construct an interactive flyer to promote the final of the Dorset Music Awards that will be embedded on websites of Dorset Rock Online, BH1 and the sponsors and bands involved.
- To overlook the interactive team to ensure deadlines are being met and work is to a high standard.
- To liaise with the video production team and the special effects team to ensure material and information is current and matching with the marketing theme and style.
- To liaise with the client to maintain a good working relationship and to ensure the client is satisfied with the content being produced.
- Camera operator - operating one of the three Hi-Definition Sony HVR-A1E cameras filming the event to produce videos of the bands and sponsors
- Edited live music videos of bands such as Sarah Griffin, Bel Casino and The Longest Day.
Jun 2010 - Jul 2010
Kerisa Edwards - Shine Productions
- Camera operator filming a series of interviews for a short documentary on Black UK television programmes including interviews with Bridget Banton of the CBBC and Pat Younge Chief Creative Officer of BBC Vision.
- Filming on location inside and outside at the BBC television centre on Sony HVR-Z1E.
- Editing final documentary footage using Final Cut Pro.
Jan 2005 - Jun 2008
- Working freelance on set construction functioning on productions such as, The Commander, Trial and Retribution and my Family.
- Serving as a carpenter on various locations throughout the different series.
- Gaining knowledge of the film and television industry by liaising with various members of the production team.
- Undergoing various building jobs acting as a site carpenter and general builder.
Microsoft Office (Word,Powerpoint,Execl)
Adobe After Effects
Final Cut Pro
To gain a position in any phase of television/media production that will permit continuing professional experience leading to my ultimate goal of working at a successfully high level in the television/media industry.
Television: watching intelligent drama, sport and documentaries.
Journalism: reading a broad range of publications (local and national) for the latest news and criticism.
New Media: researching and exploring on the Internet; computer games.
Cinema: going to cinema with friends; discussing film; reading critical works.
Literature: continue to pursue this interest by reading a diverse range of texts.
Music: listening to many different genres of music and going to gigs.
Creative writing: currently planning and writing a short film screenplay.
Photography: a growing interest in styles of photography and post-production.
Fashion: keeping up to date with latest trends and dressing presentably.
- Research skills: essay research via library.
- Fast and proficient IT: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
- Willingness to learn: acquired new skills through employment and creative projects
- Teamwork: enjoy working in both team environments and independently
- Problem solving: involvement in low-budget projects, with time constraints
- Communication skills: expressing critical opinions in essays and group work.
- Self-motivation/management: achieving good results in a variety of subjects, whilst working to fund studies.
- Dependability: Able to manage my time whilst maintaining deadlines.
- Providing excellent customer service: Customer-focused employment.
- Creativity: writing film scripts; directing/co-directing short films, creating interactive media.
- Physical Work: Can undergo tough physical work after working on various building sites.
- Clean Drivers License: Have been a safe and reliable driver since passing in 2003.