- Transport Volunteer and Home Visit Volunteer, GRREAT, Washington, DC (2009-present): local non-profit that rescues and re-homes abandoned, neglected and abused dogs and educates dog owners.
- Home Visit Coordinator (2007-2009) and Foster Volunteer (2005-2006), Gold Ribbon Rescue, Austin, TX: non-profit that rescues and re-homes abandoned, neglected and abused dogs; led team of 30 volunteers to process adoptive families; contributed to the placement of 400+ homeless dogs in <2>
- Education Volunteer, Any Baby Can, Austin, TX (2004): non-profit that provides services to the youngest, sickest and poorest children in the community.
Experienced professional who can bring a comprehensive understanding of the sales process, channel/partner management, and technology to a position in product marketing or channel marketing management. Consistently recognized by internal and external customers and management for ongoing achievements in leadership and sales. Recently completed an executive education from a leading, globally-recognized business school.
- Direct and channel marketing
- Business development
- Account planning
- Relationship building
- E-commerce marketing
- Cross-functional projects
- Sales support and training
- Channel programs
- B2B sales
- E-mail campaigns
- Competitive analysis
- Sales negotiations
- Requirements gathering
- CRM experience
- Fortune 50 experience
2009 - 2009
Marketing Specialist, SMB Software and Peripherals
Liaison between Director of Sales and marketing organization. Performed analysis and recommended alternatives for outsourcing/offshoring sales teams, improvements in website and changes in sales incentives/"spiffs" to support marketing initiatives and partner relationships. Worked cross-functionally with sales, operations, marketing, e-commerce and IT to discover and eliminate road blocks to growing software and peripheral sales.
- Laid groundwork for upcoming major changes in sales process and employment of international resources.
- Created presentations that were used by the Director of Sales to the VP of Sales as part of executive quarterly business review process.
2008 - 2009
Development Technical Account Manager, Small and Medium Business
Worked with commercial clients to develop technology solutions to IT infrastructure challenges. Provided sales support to internal and external customers. Collaborated with internal partners and vendors to close large deals encompassing hardware, software and services. Led enterprise sales process including prospecting, identifying needs, qualifying, presenting proposal, terms negotiations and closing. Sales team "expert" for complex solutions for the datacenter. Drove direct e-mail marketing campaigns for 1000+ accounts. Trained inside sales teams.
- Maintained sales attainment average of 110% versus targets even through economic downturn, one of only a few in peer group to do so.
- Worked with sales team and sales management to become #1 Development sales team throughout tenure.
- Recognized by VP of Sales for being a self-starter by creating and implementing education programs for sales teams, reducing training costs and increasing overall enterprise sales.
- Closed $500k deal, the first of several, for a multi-million-dollar customer initially unreceptive/hostile to Dell; eliminated incumbent through combination of creative pricing, customer service, and imaginative sales techniques.
- Received frequent accolades from customers, both internal and external, for excellent responsiveness, attention to detail, product knowledge and customer service.
2005 - 2008
Channel Technical Account Manager, Americas Channel Group
Relationship manager for high-profile enterprise channel partners in Americas Channel Group, a $4B/year revenue center. Partnered with Dell channel providers to provide technology solutions to healthcare, K-12, higher education, government and commercial end users. Educated and influenced customers through virtual and live presentations, conference meetings and executive briefings. Collaborated with account team members and marketing personnel on account planning and business strategies to grow existing customer revenue base. Created product-focused marketing promotions and sales guides.
- Promoted from managing small start-up channel partners to largest established partners within one quarter of beginning in role.
- Delivered up to $10M enterprise revenue quarterly.
- Praised for individual efforts to consolidate marketing materials, pricing information, and product details during post-acquisition phase of EqualLogic purchase, a $1.4B Dell acquisition, the first of its kind at Dell.
- Led peer group in adoption of Salesforce.com, a new CRM tool.
- Grew a previously Dell antagonistic channel partner previously selling only EqualLogic products to selling the full Dell enterprise product portfolio, becoming one of Dell's largest SMB channel partners.
- Maintained sales attainment average over 100%.
- Recipient of Team Player of the Quarter for Q2FY07 and Q2FY08, a peer-voted award, for sharing of best practices and mentoring of new team members.
Twice recognized with the Customer Experience Silver Award: in December 2005 for innovations in selling services to the channel; in May 2007 for maintaining a positive customer experience while managing multiple account sets during a hiring freeze/labor shortage.
2003 - 2005
Inside Sales Representative, Solution Provider Direct
First point of contact for new Dell channel providers. Developed and recruited new Dell partners and grew existing partners' revenues. Educated new channel partners in Dell products, services, and processes.
- Maintained sales attainment average of 112%.
- Recognized as VAR Queue Sales Rep of the Quarter, Q2FY06, for sales achievement and training and development initiatives of new sales representatives.
2006 - 2009
Master of Business Administration
- Maintained a 3.6 GPA while working full-time.
- Selected to attend Washington Campus Consortium Seminar, Washington, DC (March 2009).
- Successfully completed a marketing plan to be implemented by the Austin Pops Orchestra.
- Member of Graduate Business Council, influencing curriculum, admissions and culture (2006-2007).
2001 - 2003
Bachelor of Arts
- graduated with honors