- Professionally developed blog that has been nominated for two Edublog awards; Best New Blog and Best Resource Sharing blog.
- Blog was nominated as Top 50 blogs for e-learning tools by the Digital Learning People.
- WEMTA (Wisconsin Educational Media & Technology Association) presenter on Cutting Edge Technology.
- Teaching online courses for WEMTA (coming winter 2011)
- Wrote 6 digital books on Web 2.0/21st Century Tools.
- Taught Professional Development on a number of subjects such as: blogging, wikis, web design, Web 2.0, podcasts, etc.
- Created a very successful collaborative wiki on Web 2.0/21st Century tools (sites/reviews)
- Mentoring European educators on PLN/Web 2.0 skills (coming fall of 2010)
- Major contributor to Ning networks, Classroom 2.0 & Educators PLN where I moderate the Edtech group.
- Strong background in Network/Server support in a multi-user/Mac environment.
- Web Design
- Video creation/editing
- Published multiple times in Technology & Learning Magazine
I have been working w/ technology and education for over 10 years in a school setting. I hope to incorporate 21st century & multi-media technologies into students teachings, while preparing them for future learning. I'm currently looking to get my Mac OS/Repair Certification, as well as a Masters in Technology Integration. Also, I have a solid background in web design, w/ network/server support. On a personal note, I'm a proud father of 3 boys and 1 girl and have been married for 8 years.
Jun 2010 - Present
I have an award nominated professional blog that has been published online for Technology & Learning over 30+ times and in their print magazine almost a dozen. Also, I do professional development and consulting on Web 2.0/21st Century technologies.
Feb 2008 - Jun 2010
Technology Integration/Media Specialist
Greendale School District
College Park El Ed - maintain a school/network of over 100 computers, 1 stationary lab, and 1 mobile cart. 1st line of tech support, and media specialist in the building.
Greendale Middle School - I maintain a school/network of over 200 computers and maintain 4 computer lab’s and 3 mobile carts. We focus a lot on “cloud computing” using online resources. I troubleshoot all sorts of problems ranging from: resetting pmus, running fsck, server issues, etc. I am a “jack of all trades” who loves the teaching side of technology as well as the networking/server side of things. Implemented Google Apps/Gaggle for school. Ran Wired Wednesday, professional development courses, and did some web design as well.