- Account Coordinator at Morgan Marketing & Public Relations LLC in Irvine, Calif.
- Supports team on PR and social media campaigns for mainly food and beverage clients
- Graduated in May 2010 from California State University, Chico where she earned a bachelor's degree in journalism with an emphasis in public relations and a minor in political science
- Interned at Tehama Group Communications, the first student-run, non-profit PR agency in the nation
- Has a love for words, and keeps an updated list of her favorite adjectives and verbs in her BlackBerry
- Organized, detail oriented and believes every PR campaign should be personalized to the client
- Thrives in a creative environment and sees herself as a raw lump of talent waiting to be formed
- Prefer something on paper? Download a copy of her resume
Aug 2006 - May 2010
Journalism, public relations option
- Graduated in four years with 3.60 GPA
- Dean's list and Panhellenic scholar, seven semesters
- Member of Phi Eta Sigma Academic Honor Society
- Volunteered with CAVE, Community Action Volunteers in Education
- Worked part time for the Associated Students
- Member of Alpha Phi International Fraternity; held executive board leadership positions for three years
Jul 2009 - Nov 2009
- International student through United Studies Abroad Consortium
- Took 16 units and earned a 3.5 GPA while abroad
- Earned a United Studies Abroad Consortium scholarship
- Immersed herself in local Australian lifestyle and culture
2004 - Present
- Cared for children of multiple families during summer and holidays
- Invited back to work for families for over four years
- Worked up to 12 hours per day
- Took children to various activities and tutored in basic math and reading
Jul 2010 - Present
- Sought after by an entrepreneur to help launch the 32nd franchised location
- Trains employees in customer service and food preparation
- Oversees inventory of food and paper products, works directly with suppliers
- Monitors food quality and customer care to ensure great representation of the brand
Jan 2010 - May 2010
College of Communication and Education
- Managed five account members and produced the biannual COMM alumni newsletter. Promoted and spearheaded production of the newsletter's debut online for a sustainable cause.
- Coordinated the annual College of Communication and Education Appreciation Reception, an event to thank generous college donors. Worked with designers to develop fresh ideas for invitations and copy in order to accommodate a change in venue and tone of the event.
Gateway Science Museum
- Researched, created and implemented programming, media outreach and registration for the museum's first annual children's summer camp. Developed a widely-accepted communication plan.
- Specific written responsibilities included a section for marketing at the local farmers' market and a branding section focused on developing a creative camp name, themes and activities.
- Implemented both the marketing and creative branding sections with the team.
Aug 2007 - May 2010
- Worked part time throughout college, caffeinating students and faculty
- Assisted in new employee training and food and beverage quality control
- Opened shop at 6:30 a.m., showed an excellence in customer service, and was promptly rehired after a semester abroad
Jan 2009 - May 2009
Public Relations Strategy course
- Developed goals, strategies and tactics for the A.S. Wildcat Recreation Center grand opening
- Created an account-specific style guide, utilized Associated Press style and edited all team documents
Associated Press Style
Please click the image to download a Word copy of my resume.