The Home Depot
Divisional HR Manager - Lead the execution of human resources initiatives in organizational effectiveness, staffing, training, performance management, employment practices and communications for more than 20 human resources professionals throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
HR Manager - Managed HR for an $80 million store with over 250 associates.
Specialty Sales Manager - Lead a team of sales supervisors, sales specialists and design consultants at one of the Mid-Atlantic’s most profitable stores.
• Founding member of regional diversity council. Initiatives have successfully made progress towards achieving The Home Depot’s Affirmative Action goals of increasing female and minority sales associates in our store locations by more than 10% annually.
• Executed deployment of policy change initiatives related to reward & recognition, communications, recruiting & assessment, cultural change, discipline and performance management. Results included improvement in voluntary attrition by 5% and an 8% reduction in employee relations’ issues.
• Successfully orchestrated the first mass-hiring forum to attract a high performance, diverse workforce for the Mid-Atlantic region, resulting in 400 candidates, of which 100+ were hired during a one-day event.
• Officer of Affirmative Action Plan responsible for planning and executing “good faith efforts” to attract, motivate and retain a diverse workforce. Efforts exceeded affirmative action goals by 5%.
• Lead the specialty and installed services groups at a $30 million store. Exceeded specialty sales plan by 1.7% in a declining home improvement market. Exceeded installed services plan by 14.8% and achieved the highest percentage of extended service plan sales in the district at 35.2% in 2009.
• Honored with “Leading Change Award” for the efficient and successful integration of new human resources initiatives.