Provided support to business development activities for a small woman-owned consulting firm offering professional services to public, private, and institutional entities. The firm is a certified participant of the US Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program and the SBA Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) Program. As part of the Business Development team, responsibilities included the research of new business opportunities and management of proposal development activities. Served as a Consultant to Federal Government and private clients on numerous levels for over 2 years.
Jul 2007 - Present
Business Development and Proposal Writing:
- Explored potential business opportunities for the firm with private and public clients, assisting in the development of new solutions and potential engagements.
- Performed feasibility assessments and determined the approaches, if any, for potential business opportunities.
Proposal Development Process:
- Managed the preparation of customized competitive proposals in response to Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Quotation (RFQs), and Requests for Information (RFIs), as well as Statements of Capability in response to Sources Sought requests and unrequested solicitations.
- Ensured government technical requirements are accurate, complete, and met as they relate to the Statement of Work on the solicitation, proposal delivery terms, and formatting specifications.
- Performed research, writing, editing, and proofreading in support of the proposal development activities. Coordinated and delegated proposal parts to the team.
- Managed subcontractors, assigning the required information, forms and templates as required by the solicitation.
- Managed the production and distribution process.
- Articulated service offerings and complex business concepts, translating abstract ideas into graphic concepts as appropriate.
- Managed the preparation of, and wrote, technical and cost proposals for submission to Federal and local government agencies;including the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the US Department of the Treasury, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Smithsonian Institution, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and Public Housing Authorities.
- Managed the preparation of, and authored, major proposal effort resulting in multiple awards of large-scale Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) contracts; including contracts to provide due diligence support services for single family real estate and due diligence support services for commercial real estate.
- Supported the project management team achieving deadlines and submitting deliverables on a timely and effective manner.
- Performed complex progress reports as deliverable to clients.
- Assisted on the management of subcontractors.
- Responded to statements of need issued by government personnel (GTR/GTM) for contracts.
- Served on a team of financial advisors that support of USDA's Rural Development portfolio in the implementation of its Multifamily Housing Revitalization and Voucher Demonstration Programs.