A senior management position with a growth-oriented corporation where my knowledge and skills will have an immediate impact on corporate profits and productivity
Business development and operations head with 14+ years of successful experience in developing and delivering strategic growth plans across diverse industries. Create new business opportunities for start ups. Strong business acumen and proven performer, steering corporate vision and strategy to implementation and delivery, Effective leader and manager of functional teams which includes Key Account Management, Channel & Direct Sales, Business Development, Operations, After Sales Service, Marketing, Branding, Human Resource development , Talent Hire Management etc.
2009 - Present
Head Operations & Business Development
Startup Recruitment Company
To set up the entire business operations, hiring of staff and strategic affiliations across locations
- Set up & Strategize by defining, designing, the operations of the firm and talents hire management
- Successfully started operations and developed strategic alliances in major metros
- Successful in acquiring new clients in Energy, Infrastructure, Engineering & Construction sectors
2006 - 2009
Senior Manager – Business Development & Operations
Global Staffing Firm
Responsible for managing business as SBU Head. Preparation of plans & deriving targets for the division based on overall strategy of the company & its philosophy. Branding of the company among the clientele. Acquiring new business and service high value clients. Implementing efficient & effective Commercial policies linked with corporate objectives. To develop & maintain cordial relations with clientele. To monitor the performance of team.
- Instrumental in streamlining the operations of the EPI practice in both Revenues and Operations through effective well planned team building exercise.
2003 - 2006
Manager - Sales
Finnish Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing Company
Responsible to evolve and implement marketing strategies in the AP Region. Develop market for MonoSpace® Elevators at new locations. Monitor and review performance of the region on various sales parameters. Coordination with Sales Engineers for achieving sales target. Sales to Corporate and major Developers for big and prestigious projects. Liaison with architects, Consultants for Business Development. Implementing Sales Promotion, Brand promotion activities in the regions.
Specialized Functional Areas
Train Sales Engineers.
Introduce, implement and control better Sales administration to bring qualitative change in Sales Response and Project Management in Elevator Projects.
Improve Market Share and customer satisfaction in region.
Streamlining branch sales
- Instrumental in promoting MonoSpace®, the Machine Room Less concept in the region.
- Significant contribution in achieving the growth in orders received in the region
2001 - 2003
Territory Manager- Sales
Leading Leaf Spring Manufacturer
Develop market for Spring Leaves in the region, by monitoring and reviewing performance of the regions. Motivating and strategising the sales team for achieving sales target, by developing the dealer network and closely work with OEM & STC clients for improved product performance .To evolve and implement strategies for doing business with blacksmiths. To evolve and implement strategies for Dealers in the region.
During the same period entrusted with an assignment to Launch and establish the operations of automobile lighting accessories division (promoted by the same employer) in entire region of AP
- Part of team which lead the company thru breakeven
- Instrumental in re-establishing the business in territory of AP and Karnataka for replacement markets by building up a long-term association with dealers and blacksmiths.
- Successful in launching the automobile lighting accessories division
1999 - 2001
Area Manager Sales
Pioneering company into automobile accessories (Tires/ Tubes)
Provide New Customer Development, Techno-Commercial Negotiations and Promotional Support to Sales in AP region. Book initial orders from new customers and handover the developed customer to sales for regular business. Assist sales in techno-commercial negotiations for major contracts from existing customers. Furnish technical, commercial and promotional information to sales in the form of ready reference Sales Kit. Update product catalogue with the help of technical department.
Specialized Functional Areas
Manage Product Communication activities to enhance brand equity in the market. Support design and execute product display for corporate stall at Trade Exhibitions. Conducting Market Surveysthrough Management students. Product benchmarking with competitor products. Generate & analyse market / competitor information.
Make proposals to factory forMarket Related Product Developments. Coordinate and promote product development effort in factory. Finalize and release Product Specifications and Sales Releases for new product introductions.
- Organized vulcanizers meet in 20 potential markets, resulting in sales growth of 25% in the region. Actively involved in promotional activities involving customer awareness programs, product presentations and execution product display for corporate stall at Trade Exhibition.
- Successfully established an effective interface between market and factory to give market orientation in factory
- Instrumental in increasing sales effectiveness in the market thereby building up a long-term association with Fleet operators and Dealers.
1995 - 1999
Territory In charge - Sales
Automobile Accessories (Tires/ Tubes) Company
Responsible for business development in entire APfor butyl tubes for LCV and HCV through dealers as well as to State Transport Undertakings. Sales responsibilities consisting of generation of inquiries, preparation of offers/ tenders, techno-commercial negotiations, booking of orders, coordination for material supply / factory inspections, collection of payments and coordination for providing service.
Specialized Functional Areas
Identify new market/product segments and take lead in Product Development with the help of technical-department. Development of OEMclientsfor 10.00-20.00, 9.00-20.00 range truck tubes.
Sales Promotion...Arrange mechanic meets
- Instrumental in suggesting the management a new product "Curing Bag" targeting the tyre re-treaders
- Developed key STU accounts and Fleet operators
- Instrumental in securing OEM order for supply Truck tubes worth 20 Lacs and increased order values to 30 and 40 Lacs for the subsequent years