Direct responsible of the OTC’s Business Unit. Turnover $83.5 MM USD, that represents 41% of total company revenues and 60% of the profits.
1. Built and Led the Commercial Strategy (Sales & Marketing Plans), delivering P&L targets.
·Developed and implemented the OTC’s National Sales Force with 55 reps (including field operation strategy, structure, training process, trade marketing activities and the application of technological tools to increase the visit’s profitability) focused on Self Service Stores and Chain Drugstores; generating incremental sales of $3.5 MM USD and increasing distribution levels by 110% in 4 months, resulting on an 80% of weighted distribution at national level.
·Led the development and implementation of Seasonal Marketing Plans with top 10 customers which represented 70% of revenues, achieving +10% of growth on base business vs. previous year, resulting in +4% of profits above the target; (Benadryl, Actifed, Sinutab and Reactine in Cold Season & Kaopectate Lomotil and Dramamine in Summertime); rated as Excellence in Execution by the organization.
2. Designed and led the Integration Strategy of J&J OTC’s business, worth $22.0 MM USD (Tylenol, Motrin & Triatop).
·Developed and implemented the Marketing Plan and BTL strategies to support the Tylenol’s launch into the consumer market, achieving sales above $17 MM USD (+16% VYA) and increasing market share in 2 points to reach 10%.
·Led and coordinated an intercompany team, focused on sustains the business performance and secures the continuity of the operation, achieving double digit growth of +22% in sales during the first year.
3. Designed and Established the Innovation Funnel Process, strengthening the OTC’s portfolio by delivering a pipeline worth $210 MM USD to the next 5 years.
·Generated 19 new initiatives among new products, acquisitions, and line extensions, by analyzing market trends and testing the concepts developed under innovative market research tools (Brainstorms, Snapshots & Bases).
·Developed New Claims based on consumer insights and medical evidence, (ie. Non drowsy to Reactine and the most recommended formula by physicians to Sinutab).
·Created and led a solid multi-functional team integrated by Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales, Advertising and Research Agencies. Encouraging them to foster innovation across their areas of expertise (practices and processes).
4. Built and Led a High Performance Team retaining and developing key talent during the integration with J&J.
·Responsible of a team structured by 14 marketing members (2 Group Managers), plus 55 sales reps.
·Established the talent attraction process of OTC’s business unit, through the implementation of an innovative recruitment model, becoming in an important source of talent for the organization.
·Encouraged the team to foster best practices, providing professional couching and valuable feedback. After 2 years 90% of the team members were promoted inside the organization.
5. Responsible of company’s media budget control worth $50.0 MM USD; developed the business model to work with the media agency, resulting in savings up to 10% (Lubriderm, Listerine, Johnson’s Baby, Tylenol and OTC’s line).
6. Responsible of the Professional Relationship Program, sponsoring KOL and participating in congresses and seminars, resulting in a value added to the business performance (Reactine, Nicorette, Sinutab, Tylenol and Johnson’s Baby line).