Career Objective: To add value to Business by creatively & strategically integrating HR processes with Core Business processes and focus on improving the Key Business Results. A pioneering and determined professional with 15 + years of comprehensive & hands on Human Resource experience in Reputed Multinational /Indian companies, proven success of managing high-value HR projects involving conceptualization, setting up and strategic management involving key functions of Human Resource Process Design & Development. A proactive planner & virtuous thinker with a proven track record of achieving Business results through effective management of People processes- staffing, performance Management, Employee Relation, Management & Engagement, Talent acquisition thereby increasing revenues, streamlining workflow, evolving effective organizational procedures and creating a teamwork environment. An effective communicator with good presentation skills and abilities, lead cross-cultural teams and established beneficial relationships with key players. Seasoned experience in collaborating with Internal customers and Business Managers in driving Business HR agenda to further support Business goals. A MBA - HR & Finance with ICWAI by profession with a proven track record of adopting and adapting quickly to the organisations.
May 2009 - Present
Strategic HR Advisory - Freelancer
May 2008 - May 2009
Group Head - HR
Group Resourcing compliant with the organisational vision on target achievement. Originated & Implemented local & regional policy standards aligned to local regulatory & legislative requirements, and ensuring their effectiveness review from time to time basis.
Conducting regular reviews and compliances of Group Resourcing policy standards for regional processes & products as compared to the existing competitors in the industry using internal / external sources. Thereby modifying / altering policies, product or services to meet the objective. Providing full support & expertise to local Policy owners on all aspects with appropriate Training & Development
Developed Induction Manuals, Employee Hand book and HR policies’ Manual, ESOP policy etc.Implemented Cost Reduction Techniques and reduced communication, printing & stationary costs etc
Jun 2006 - May 2008
Group Head HR
A leading Indian Business Housewith Business interest inReal Estate, Infrastructure, Financial Services, Retail, Multiplex & Power Sector withMarket capitalization of40,000 Crores and with approx 20,000 employees at various levels PAN India; reporting to the Managing Director and Co-founders. Number of Reportees – 94; Managing 650 Branches with 380 locations countrywide.
- Automation of HR Processes and sub processes with due-diligence and periodic review mechanism. As a Steering Committee member of the SAP team.Responsible for designing, implementation & developing theHR information software system module, leaves, career management, knowledge management whereby assessment of the employees through 360 degree feed back is provided.
- Build capacity, skills, and experiences to support global MIS model delivering consistent product, service, and client experience while achieving greater efficiency.
- Wide experience in recruitment of personnel in various levels, salary negotiation, resource/ mass hiring through search groups; campus recruitments. Periodical vendor selection & performance evaluation.
- Governance of background verifications of each individual joining the organisation and reviewing the cost MIS, projection/budged reports as per the assigned region wise manpower budgets.
- Mapping and re-engineering various Business processes / systems to the specific requirement of the organization. Part of the Corporate Quality System for the Corporate function and Related Services.
- Defining, managing and streamlining the policies by conducting periodical C&B surveys, hierarchy analysis; comprehensive compensation re structuring, rewards & incentives management and developing pay ranges.
- Handled all legal & statutory compliances and audits , Industrial & public relations etc.
- Supported strategic business initiatives by working with top management, project managers to plan and execute processes and programs including business resource planning.
- Developed work improvement teams at shop floor, job rotation, shift schedules.
·Lead a team of HR professionals and IT to achieve aggressive targets of formulating HR policies, procedures, recruitment, stringent selection process and induction on HR intranet & SAP
- Designed grievance management process, project closure appraisal process .Employees counselling and effective communication, motivation and health in terms ofsafety, security and legal matters thereby bringing sense of transparency and fairness in the organisation.
- Streamlined Procedures relating to Operations, HR & Administration resulting in major reduction in Operational Costs. Building an achievement oriented culture through effective Rewards & Recognition policies
- Designed and implemented a series of training programs for Employees on safety, policy & governance, compliance, attendance, communication and performance improvement to policy owners.
- Designed and implemented succession planning, position task identification, employee empowerment and employee/ management communications plans as part of workforce reengineering initiative. Eliminated two complete management layers and significantly reduced annual staffing costs
Oct 2005 - May 2006
Sr. Manager - HR Strategic
Worked as Sr. Manager – HR & Payroll with IBM Daksh, Gurgaon Reported to the VP (HR Strategic) and had 27 reportees with approx 15,000 employees PAN India.
Job Responsibilities include:
ØCentralization of Payroll and Payables of the organisation having 15000 employees under one platform.
ØProviding strategic HR and financial inputs and leadership on C&B / Payables decision-making issues affecting the company including evaluation of potential alliances, expansion plans and investments. Formulating and recommending major corporate policy & governance changes in strategies & objectives. Carried out analysis of variance between assessment and actual and resultant saving due to optimum manpower in the system.
ØDesign / Redefine HR & shared services processes for certification under quality standard : ISO 9000: 2000 - with due-diligence. Ensuring Risk management features in all policy & governance decision processes.
ØEnsuring HR/payroll accounting / controls / procedures / reporting and analysis on a periodic basis.
ØEnsure Qualitative month close and financial analysis prior to finalization of TBR
ØEnsure compliance to statutory regulations under Forex regulations and STPI matters of the company
ØResponsible as a Reviewer for work submitted by the HR / Payroll Subordinates
ØConducting periodical analysis of the various sub-processes as per the metrics laid down to track any abnormal trends and provide constructive feedback for implementation of HR audit strategy to control.
Oct 2004 - Oct 2005
Sr. Manager - Outsourcing and Clientship
Solution Integrated - Team4U
Worked as Sr. Manager (HR & Accounts) with Solutions Integrated Marketing India Pvt. Ltd. Reporting to the Managing Director and have 20 reportees in the hierarchy, managing over 9000 outsourced employees.
Job Responsibilities include:
ØEstablishing and enhancing Internal Controls, Systems, and Procedures. Controlling and monitoring Costs and Capital Expenditure and improving operating efficiencies. Transitioned all HR operating units into one integrated business unit
ØThe job included negotiations and approvals on Price & Commercial terms for selection of client, setting up management fee/ different terms of agreement/ contract.
ØFinancial concurrence of all proposals for employee related benefits & facilities
ØClosely monitored outbound payroll vendor, control procedures and bills
ØAssessment, appeal and review of the Statutory Returns filed. Attending to hearings during assessment and appeals.
ØMonitoring of Centralized Cash Credit Account. Daily allocation of funds to various Divisions / Branches.
ØDrawing organisation structure, defining job responsibilities and hiring high performers / professionals.
ØAdministering personnel policies, practices and benefits. Assessing and arranging Company’s insurance policies to ensure adequate coverage and competitive pricing.
Sep 1994 - Aug 2004
Manager (HR & Accounts)
· Hewlett- Packard India Ltd
ØProviding Operational / HR and Financial information support to Business Units.
ØCommission / Incentives Workings - Targeting, Analysis of various Business Departments its monthly payments and reporting to Asia-Pac for Performance. Preparation of country & region wise Monthly Report, Variance Analysis, Cash flow statement, operating result and analysis of key performance indicators.
ØVerification of monthly salary & remuneration of countrywide employees of HP India and Compaq India on C&B philosophy. Streamline Payroll Accounting and TDS accounting. Develop salary software on HP C&B philosophy.Personnel Income Tax Planning & Consultancy.
Mar 1994 - Sep 1994
· AKG Acoustics
ØPreparation & Finalisation of JDs and KPIs - Exposure to Recruitment via Walk in, Direct interviews, through Consultants, Campus etc. Coordination in identifying and developing vendors to meet cyclic demand of people resources..
ØFramed Employee Handbook, HR Policy Manual to facilitate better understanding and effective implementation of HR policy & processes. Conducted various Employees Surveys