Department of Veteran's affairs, Office of Inspector General
• Identifies the required audit coverage to accomplish objectives; assists in the planning and coordination of team members who may be located in several geographic areas during an audit project.
• Develops new audit approaches where no precedents exist and/or develops creative solutions to controversial problems; and resolves issues where governing laws and regulations are highly interpretive and/or precedents are nonexistent, obscure, or conflicting.
• Drafts surveys and audit debriefs describing results of work; and prepares draft audit reports. • Prepares and/or reviews work papers; assesses findings for incorporation into final audit report; develops audit findings; ensures sufficient, competent, and relevant evidence is documented to support audit project findings.
• Represents the office on interagency task forces established to study specific audit procedures, and processes, or on joint projects with other OIG offices as required.
• Prepares various types of reports, briefings and testimony that cover all major financial and management aspects of VA programs.