- SALES CONSULTANT: 3 months responsibility to improve sales in NSW Branch. Main objective to achieve new business in Digital Wide Format consumables and hardware supplier of brands from Hewlett Packard, Epson, and Canon. New business development within NSW signage, printing, and corporate markets. Small client with 38 employees.
- SALES CONSULTANT: 9 months account management of a portfolio of over 150 small and medium potential customers. Sell to inactive customers; and build more sales from 20 active accounts. Medium sized client with 115 employees.
- AD AGENCY PRODUCTION MANAGER: 10 months maternity leave contract to take full responsibility for managing $4million in print & direct mail campaigns, from graphic design through to lodgement with Australia Post. Became a team member with Account Service, Top Management, Clients, and Vendors. Excellent rapport building and profitable results. Media traffic and report responsibility. Small firm with 28 employees.
- NEW BUSINESS START UP: 4 months project to start a print brokering business within an existing Direct Mail and Fulfillment Company in Brisbane. Trained existing sales team to cross sell print with mailing services. Additional $50,000 in new business achieved from existing customers. Small business with 22 employees.
- NSW SALES & MARKETING CONSULTANT: 5 months interim appointment by large Singapore based printing and publishing group to replace State Manager and handle business development activities and market research. Built a prospect database for assessment of potential for large contract orders from magazine and retail catalogue sector in New South Wales. Achieved $2 million in new orders from existing customers; and $500,000 from new prospects. Large business group with over 500 employees.
- CUSTOM PUBLISHING CONSULTANT: 12 month assignment to reach out to both existing advertising clients and new markets to devise magazine and special projects from corporate prospects. Achieved $1.2 million in contract magazine and newsletter new business from major bank, credit card financial institution, and major stock brokerage company. Small publisher with over 20 employees.
- MARKETING MANAGER: 6 month contract to establish a new branding and self promotion plan for the second largest print group in Australia. One major magazine contract was assigned to me as Account Manager to allow for a smooth transition from previous supplier, as well as to develop a strategy to attract new large retail catalogue buyers or major retailers as contract customers. Second largest printing & publishing group in Australia with over 700 emploees.
PERMANENT WORK HISTORY
- THE POT STILL PRESS: 6 years.
Senior Sales Executive for the most acknowledged high quality commercial printer and binder in New South Wales. This was a unique opportunity to sell to the top 100 corporations for their Annual Reports and corporate print communications. In addition, I built strong relationships with the elite and demanding high profile graphic design firms and major Sydney advertising agencies. This was not selling high volume business; but rather a selective strategy to discover prospects who saw the value in the highest quality at the highest prices in the market. I was in the unique position of being encouraged to turn away work which did not fit this top quality criteria. Therefore, my personal sales increases, year on year were gradual.
A personal budget target of $2 million per year was achieved, which included not just selling the job, but also guiding the project through all stages of production to provide exceptional customer service.
- TONGG PUBLISHING: 4 years.
Marketing and Sales Manager of the multi-language tourist magazine publishing and printing company in the State of Hawaii, based in Honolulu. This was the largest company in the printing market in Hawaii; and had a dominant presence in the Hawaiin Tourist market. I was also appointed to represent the company to Printing Industries of America (PIA) and the Hawaii Hotel Association (HHA). My team of 8 commercial sales reps and 4 Customer Sevice Representatives combined for an average increase in business of 12%, year on year. I left the company to return to my home in Sydney.
- MACPHERSONS GROUP, William Brooks division: 2 years.
Initially I was recruited as Sales and Marketing Manager to spearhead a new commercial sheet fed offset business within the Sydney production facility, which had been a seasonal contract web printer. Within 2 years, I had built a small team of 3 sales reps, 1 in house graphic designer, and 1 estimator. We accounted for $2 million in profitable sales with 2 new printing presses. I was also given the responsibility to determine the best presses to acquire for the company to fit my Marketing Plan. During this 2 year position, I represented the corporation to the prestigious World Printing Congress (convention) in Vienna, Austria, which attracted contributors from the largest Publishing and printing companies from all over the world.
- MACPHERSONS GROUP, The Book Printer division: 1-1/2 years.
I was seconded by the parent company to relocate to Melbourne and be the Sales Director, at a time when the General Manager, Sales Director, and Production Manager abruptly resigned to buy a competitor book printing company. This was a volatile time where my people skills were tested to the limit. I had to fight off intense competition to retain $18 million in sales and steady production throughput under threat. This was originally intended to be a short term reassignment for 4 - 8 weeks, during which the Divisional Managing Director was recruiting replacements for the Management Team. Instead, I was asked to take on the role as Acting General Manager. Under my management, I was able to restructure the 2 factory facilities into 1 lowest cost centre. Sales stabilized at $20 million and became more profitable in the newly rationalized factory format.
- JOHN SANDS LIMITED: 9 total years of positions of increasing responsibility.
Sales Manager, Victoria: 3 years. The company recruited me from New York City where I was workingas a Sales Executive in a small family offset printing companyI learned how to sell into the large web offset market for catalogues and magazines; as well as the high end quality sheet fed market. My sales record in this period was sufficiently impressive to be offered an opportunity in Sydney with the parent company.
Sales Director, 6 years. My top personal achievement was winning the largest contract fortheannual production of retail catalogues for Myers worth $10 million. I managed all interstatesales and my Sydney team of 8 Senior Sales Executives and 3 Customer Service Repscombined for a total revenue of $28 million, which grew to $35 million during my tenure.