Mar 2010 - Present
1997 - 2001
1992 - 1997
St. Andrew's-Sewanee School
Jul 2005 - Aug 2008
Newton Oldacre McDonald
- Assisted paralegal with real estate closings (purchases and sales).
- Checked title against underlying documents and worked with title company.
- Worked with tenants, lenders and buyers to provide closing documents by deadline.
- Created due diligence packages for buyers, tenants and lenders, both in paper copies and on CDs.
- Responsible for tracking all purchases and sales after closing and delivering post-closing items to tenants, lenders and buyers by deadline.
- Maintained computer documents on Sharepoint.
- Managed legal department files and helped manage company files and storage.
- Converted documents from .pdf or paper copies to Word documents using OCR software.
- Substituted for the receptionist: answered phones, greeted visitors, processed incoming mail, stocked supplies, helped with equipment repairs, etc.
- Renamed, organized and uploaded many older documents to Sharepoint.
- Proposed purchasing OCR software for legal department; when purchased, it saved many hours retyping documents from paper copies.
- Organized paperwork for legal entity formations into binders and established filing procedure for paperwork going forward.
- Organized the post-closing process for both sales and purchases; created a universal checklist for both to ensure no documents were overlooked and no deadlines were missed.
- Analyzed costs of production of bound paper copies of due diligence documents for lenders, tenants and buyers; calculated our cost to be approximately $75-$100 in materials, shipping and labor/time per binder.Received permission to convert department to electronic transmission instead (CDs or e-mails), reducing costs to $25 or less, as well as greatly reducing time spent preparing the documents and paper waste.
Oct 2001 - Nov 2004
·Created leases and other legal documents for shopping mall tenants.
·Processed leases for Landlord execution: reviewed leases for tenant-made changes, notified leasing agent, sought approval of business points from Vice President of Leasing, made copies of relevant paperwork, delivered to Senior Vice President for signature, updated department database.
·Received checks for fees and terminations.Recorded in Excel spreadsheet and forwarded to accounting.
·Attested, sealed and dated executed legal documents.Added relevant lease information into Access database to be shared throughout the company.
·Reviewed/audited bills from outside counsel.
·Copied tenant operation exclusives and restrictions from leases and maintained records for all malls (approximately 65 malls).
·Maintained departmental files (current and warehoused).
·Tested and implemented new software (DeltaView, Crosswords) for conversion from Word Perfect to Word.Engaged in preliminary reviews of other new software and consulted on database management.
·Recovered ½; gigabyte storage space on department’s drive by eliminating outdated computer files.
·Analyzed department production and duplicating costs and presented report to upper management.Report resulted in new, high-capacity printer which reduced downtime and increased productivity.
·Developed, designed and implemented watermark in Word to eliminate tampering with electronic copies of leases.
·Discovered billing errors from outside legal counsel saving several thousand dollars.
·Helped implement package shipping from online.Organized training regarding the same for leasing department secretaries.
·Listed all department procedures (in order of occurrence) for internal audit.
Aug 1997 - May 2001
Assistant to Vice Registrar
- Registered students for semester classes bi-annually and updated records throughout the year.
- Calculated student GPAs and wrote yearly report for athletic award committee.
- Updated student information in Registrar’s Directory; helped print, copy, bind and distribute Registrar’s Directory.Sent applicable student information to campus newspaper.
- Processed transcripts and grade reports.Organized student information into advising packets for professors.Mailed grades and transcripts to students.
- “Built” classes in Banner: activated course number and title, assigned professor and scheduled room and meeting times.
- Designed forms for student curriculum files.
- Designed and published class schedules.
- Helped implement database changeover from “College” to “University.”
- Proofread catalogues and statistical information for publication.
- Delivered registration materials to students.
2001 - 2001
Celtel Internet Centre
2000 - 2001
Secretary / Assistant to Office Manager
Engineered Roof Systems
2000 - 2000
Alumni Reunion Assistant
2000 - 2000
Virginia Museum of Transportation
1999 - 1999
Roanoke Public Library (Hollins Branch)
MS Project 2007
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
MS Visio 2007
Photoshop (versions 7 - CS4)
MS Word 2007
MS Access 2003
MS Excel 2003
MS Word 2003
The Society for Creative Anachronism
Webminister (officer position)2009-Present
Chatelaine/Newcomer’s Liaison (officer position)2009-Present
Arts and Sciences Coordinator (officer position)2005
I am seeking a job in web design, graphic design, writing/editing or photo editing. I am still in the process of taking classes/training in various Adobe graphics programs and MS Office, and I will add new skills to this resume as I acquire them.