I am a wife and mother of two wonderful children. I am an avid foodie and have a passion for baking and cooking. I love to entertain. I enjoy all outdoor activities and look for any excuse to travel. I cherish time spent with my family and friends.
To inspire creativity.
Results-Oriented designer, creative coordinator, and executive level assistant with an expansive skills set, readily applicable to a variety of positions.
Outstanding organization and ability to remain focused and productive in dynamic, deadline-driven environments. Strong interpersonal effectiveness and an ability to work with a broad range of personalities. Resourceful and efficient in work style. Comfortable working with a broad range of media and software, collaborating with and coordinating workflow across diverse creative and technical teams.
~ Areas of Emphasis ~
• Leadership & Project Management• Client Relationship Management• Sponsor & Partner Relations• Engaging, High Impact, Verbal &
Written Presentations• Scheduling & Resource Allocation • Web & Print-based Projects• Social Networks & Emerging Media• Content Development & Editing
• Visual Merchandising & Photo Styling
1998 - Present
Home Staging, Design, and Organizing Consultant
Kimberly Melamed Designs
Interior design and home staging services, manage model home and model apartment design & installation projects, and home organization consultant- for corporate and private residential clients. Earn new business through participation in Designer and Showcase/Parade Home events, industry conferences, and referrals. Selected Achievements:
- Establish strong client relationships through personalized service, product knowledge and creative design solutions, resulting in a loyal client and referral base.
- Creating beautiful spaces for the enjoyment of my clients, and their family & friends.
- Assisting clients & real estate agents in selling their homes/listings through creative and cost effective home staging services.
2007 - 2010
Executive Assistant, Creative Coordinator, Contributing Editor, Photo Stylist
Principal responsibilities include- Executive Assistance to company owner & CEO. Styling, drafting, editing, and coordinating content for products to include: books, magazines, DVD, TV, and PR materials. Serving as a contributing editor and managing company website (www.JUNKMARKETStyle.com). Selecting and procuring unique and engaging props and materials for company television appearances- including regular appearances on The Today Show.
Additional responsibilities include: Provide direction to web site editors and fellow staff to make certain content for site is creative, beautiful, and informative. Create content for, edit, and enter weekly e-letter to ensure consistent marketing of brand. Coordinate with company CEO and consumer show managers regarding travel arrangements, shipping and receipt of props, product, and PR materials to guarantee a successful show and effortless travels. Work with CEO and PR representatives to set media and all PR schedules to allow for ample media exposure. Assist in promoting products through speaking tours, including live and taped television and radio interviews, paid celebrity speaking engagements, and book tour events. Promote company partnership with various community service organizations, such as Habitat for Humanity. Selected Achievements:
- Provide superior executive support for company owner & CEO enabling her to achieve desired personal, professional and company goals.
- Styled and co-authored the book, Junk Beautiful: Outdoor Edition (Taunton Press, 2009).
- Styled, co-authored and appeared in DVD, Junk Beautiful: How to Turn Flea Market Finds into Unique Decor (Tremendous Entertainment, 2008).
- Co-edited layout for magazine, Junk Beautiful: 5 Room by Room Makeovers with JunkMarket Style (Taunton Press, 2008).
- Significantly contributed to 2008 launch and continued success of company website, www.junkmarketstyle.com; instrumental in gaining web sponsorship; promote website through use of social networking sites and viral marketing techniques.
1995 - 2000
Hired, trained and motivated a 20+ member Pier One sales team. Responsible for; ordering and maintaining optimal merchandise levels, daily accounting of sales, communication with corporate offices, and overall merchandising and appearance of stores. Selected Achievements:
- Worked in direct partnership with District Manager to bring area stores up to highest standards & open all new stores in region.
- Provided positive leadership, direction and support resulting in a cohesive, customer-focused team and consistent sales growth.
- Regularly commended by Regional & District Management for outstanding store visual presentation and customer appeal.
Friendly, Can-Do, Positive Attitude
Highly Effective Communicator
1996 - 1997
Associate of Arts
1988 - 1994
Heavy focus on Organizational Communication & Family Studies
4 Page Feature in Nature & Health Magazine April/May 2010 Edition
A sampling of some of the promotional materials I designed and created.
One of my many posts on JMS.