- 10+ years of experience in IT industry and 5+ years in handling PMO (Program Management) and operations.
- Responsible for PMO and operations for Service Lines such as Architecture, Program Management, Digital Experience, BA & Academy with a revenue accrual of 200+ Million USD.
- Result oriented PMO professional, with experience in process improvement, personnel management, change management, collaboration and reporting.
- Focus on specific improvements of processes & methods for standardization and optimization.
- Analytical, process-oriented by nature, and known for being a calming influence during stressful times and for being trustworthy, supportive.
Jul 2015 - Present
Manager - PMO
Architecture, Program Management, DXG, BA, Diversified Skills & Academy
Team Size: 2300+
- Budget Management – Tracking actual costs on various parameters like travel, software licensing, hardware procurement and other overheads to ensure it is within the budget.
- Monitoring Utilization of resources and ensuring productive bench through daily tracking and reporting to respective service line leaders.
- Support – be part of governance calls with L2/L3 heads and other senior leadership, track until logical closure of action items noted.
- Status Reporting and Compliance Reporting – extract reports from various applications / systems of HCL; analyze the data and publish the results using pivots and charts.
- Collate inputs on various parameters like contributions in deals/pre-sales, reusable artifacts, tools created, etc. for quarterly presentations, newsletters and ad-hoc reports.
- Asset Management – keep track of team assets like servers, laptops to ensure optimum utilization of available resources through collaboration with various teams.
- Ensure process compliance across service lines with rigorous follow-up with individuals, managers and stream leaders through mails and calls.
- Department Collaborations – Central PMO, Delivery Units/ Sales, Finance Team, HR, TSC, Academy, TAG (Talent Acquisition Group) and others.
- Help Academy in creating automated reports to track progress on training plan and completion.
Jul 2014 - Jul 2015
Deputy Manager - PMO
Architecture, DXG, BA and Program Management Service Lines
Team Size: 1400+
- Resource Management - Demand Validation, Supply Planning and Fulfillment of Demands based on availability of resources or recommend for external hiring.
- Deploy Architects, Project Managers to available opportunities based on their skills / expertise.
- Schedule and attend periodic calls; publish MOM to stakeholders and track action points.
- Prepare periodic / ad-hoc presentations and reports for Senior Management review.
- Create trackers in SharePoint portal, surveys to record and summarize Time Accounting and Utilization Tracking of resources, Deals Contributions, etc.
- Seat Optimization – track and release vacant seats PAN India to ensure no leakage in budget.
- CDM Mapping – mapping of Capability Development Mangers to resources based on their skills, experience and expertise.
Jul 2012 - Jul 2014
Associate Manager - PMO
ADCOE and PMCOE
Team Size: 320+
- Help in preparing Project / Technology Roadmaps
- Create and maintain Organization Charts
- Create Excel/ PowerPoint templates for standard and ad-hoc reports as and if needed
- Involved in team’s Annual Budgeting (human resource, travel / visa expense, CAPEX/OPEX)
- Resource Management – resource demand and supply management; Propose / deploy Architects to available opportunities based on their skills / expertise and requirement
- Budget Management – tracking Budgeted v/s Actual cost and suggest / implement ways to streamline team budget
- Reviewed Case studies, RFPs, Whitepapers and other documents and presentations before publishing them in websites / portals or to the stakeholders / customers
- Updating, maintaining and publishing Weekly/Monthly/Half-yearly and Annual Reports (Revenue Reports and Utilization Reports)
- Gathered inputs and created quarterly Newsletters and published them to stakeholders
- Track utilization of resources and monitored their assignment statuses
- Coordinated with team members and helped them during critical delivery
- Maintained and contributed to team’s intranet website; created training videos, voice sessions, blogs and conducted polls regularly to keep the members active
Apr 2010 - Jul 2012
Senior Technical Writer
Architecture and Technology Solutions Group (ATS)
Team Size: 140+
- Created and maintained Document Repository; tagged files based on various categories
- Created CV templates for Architectural roles like - Enterprise Architect, Solution Architect, Technical Architect and Security Consultants; Re-formatted existing CVs to match the standardized template
- Involved in three phases of an internal portal - requirement gathering, dataflow & functional testing; Prepared – prototypes, specification documents (SRS/CR), flowcharts, CSS Style sheets; Composed tutorial video (recorded onscreen video, prepared script, added voice narration)
- Worked with Collaboration Tool team – Suggested names for the tool; Created logo, designed login page, assisted on animated presentation preparation; Created video tour for the tool
- Reviewed/formatted - Case studies, RFPs, Whitepapers and other documents before publishing them in websites / portals
- Transcription of mp3 presentation files
Apr 2008 - Mar 2010
- Compiled and tested Online Help Files/Manuals
- Introduced versioning of Help files for multi-products and multi-clients
- Designed prototype screenshots and product logos using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Worked on SalesForce.com
- Created Visio flowcharts; Prepared Product Flyers for marketing using Microsoft Publisher
- Updated and maintained company’s website
- Induction / Training for new hires about TW requirements. Part of Customer Support Team
- Documented on Quantum’s ERP products: Q-NVO, Q-MPV, Q-MIA, Q-ILS, Q-GSM, Q-GSI, Q-FOR, Q-FLX, Q-FIN, Q-CMS, Q-BBS
- Documented on Quantum’s BI tool: Q-VUE
Nov 2006 - Apr 2008
Junior Technical Writer
- Created and updated User Manuals, Training Manuals, and Process Descriptions in line with development of the products
- Documented on Quantum’s ERP products: Q-NVO, Q-MIA, Q-FOR
- Circulated weekly documentation status report to stakeholders
Jan 2006 - Nov 2006
InterTitle, Inventor Building - ITPB
- Searcher – analyzed the property for liens / encumbrances before issuing insurance
- ITI Review - reviewed the documentation for defects.
- Worked on: FAST (First American Software Technology)
Balaji Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
Basic Hardware & Networking
Balaji Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
Auto CAD 2000 Designing
Microsoft Office Suite
Word, Excel, Power Point
Help & Manual 6.0
Documentation tool and content management system for both single and multi-author editing.
Adobe Photoshop CS5
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe
Adobe Flash CS5
Auto CAD 2000
Vishal put creativity @ work and came up with this logo!
Shows some of my presentation skills.