LMU Building Bridges for Others at Westchester High School in Los Angeles, CA
- Volunteer - 6/3/2010
- Informed small groups of students about career building resources as well as college.
- Provided students with resumé building tips and feedback.
- Led mock job interviews for small student groups and provided students with feedback.
Da Vinci College Day at Da Vinci School of Design in Hawthorne, CA
- Volunteer - 11/12/2009
- Assisted in the facilitation of activities.
- Administered a pre-test and post-test of the day's lesson.
- Led discussion and answered student questions regarding college.
LMU for Others at Westchester High School in Los Angeles, CA
- Mentor - September 2009 - June 2010
- Mentored a sophomore student, one-on-one on a weekly basis throughout the school year.
- Provided the student with academic, social, career and emotional support.
UCLA's Las Redes Fifth Dimension After School Program at Moffet Elementary School in Lennox, CA
- UG, Undergraduate Student Researcher: September - December 2008
- Conducted participant-based fieldwork research by interacting with children.
- Utilized specific board and technology-based play to promote intellectual and social development
- Met with students on a weekly basis.
Mark Twain Middle School in Venice, CA
- UCLA Peer Mediator: March - June 2008
- Worked with students in order to resolve amongst friends and classmates.
- Built curriculum for students, as necessary, with fellow mediator.
- Communicated students' progress to the Dean of Discipline.
Metro Calvary Chapel in Santa Monica, CA
- Childcare Provider: October 2006 - February 2007
- Cared for children between the ages of 2 and 11 during the Womens' Bible Study session.
St. Joan of Arc Parish's Religious Education Program in Los Angeles, CA
- Teacher and Volunteer: October 2000 - May 2003
- Assisted kindergarten teacher with lesson and activities.
- Led class and created curriculum for third grade class in preparation towards first holy communion.
Clover Avenue Elementary in Los Angeles, CA
- Volunteer: March 1998 - June 2001
- Assisted kindergarten teacher with class activities.
- Led small groups of English Language Learner students.
- Assisted school librarian.