City of Aurora, CO
Senior-level planner for city of 300,000 adjacent to Denver:
- Managed project teams for large developments, including mixed-use transit-oriented urban development with new light rail station. Successfully obtained design improvements for more sustainable projects.
- Planning liaison on project team for RTD light rail "Fastracks" expansion into city. Made specific design recommendations to transit engineers for station and track locations, given existing constraints and planning opportunities.
- Managed numerous projects including retail, residential, commercial and industrial development applications.
- Negotiated with developers to voluntarily include sustainable features in new developments, such as green roofs, pedestrian connections, access to transit.
- Interpreted complex city zoning and subdivision codes, comprehensive plans and design districts and presented recommendations to City Planning Commission and City Mayor and Council in public hearings.
- Created digital presentation format and trained Planning staff in use of Powerpoints at public hearings.
- Software experience includes ARC GIS, DMS Stellent workflow system, Microsoft Office suite.
Select projects include:
Metro Center: 70-acre mixed use transit-oriented development, with new light rail station and several million feet of residential, retail, and office space.
High Point Conference Center: 470 room hotel and conference facility in business park near future commuter rail.
Village at City Center: 350+ new apartments in 4-story buildings with structured parking within downtown area. Obtained first green roofs in City of Aurora.
Furniture Row distribution center: 625,000sf warehouse (largest building in city) on major interstate.
Waterstone: 180 single-family lots on 56 acres with creek protection and integration into open space.