- Strategic administrator for $8 million annual district budget, 7 million square feet of property and over 200 employees.
- Healthcare Administrator for $14 million annual budget achieving HCHAP Scores of 94 percentile and cost savings of $1 million over 5 years.
- Negotiated new contracts in FY09 for revenue exceeding $25 million.
- 100% Client retention and 0 employee indemnity claims.
- 100% achievement of budget goals each year.
- Exceeded profit goals each year through new business sales and base build-out of new service.
- Travel over 4,000 miles monthly to meet with clients and management staff to ensure client and personal expectations are met.
- Enhanced client's efficiencies through new technologies and improved employee processes at all schools resulting in cost savings and increased sustainability thresholds.
- Established a solid client relationship based on transparency and developed strategic plans resulting in improved campus relationships.
- Lead efforts at all accounts for capital projects to enhance efficiencies in energy and operational systems.
Highly accomplished real estate/facilities and logistics management executive with an excellent track record in cost containment, project management, personnel management, best practices in facility management and proven leadership abilities. Experienced in driving quality in service as evidenced by 100% client retention; cost control, profits, and business development. Managed commercial facility portfolios exceeding 7 million square feet, administered an $8 million budget, HR experience with direct responsibility for over 200 employees.
- Facility Management
- Strategic Planning
- Capital Project Management
- Energy Management
- Business Development
- Budget Development
- Contract Administration
- Healthcare Facilities
- Construction Management
- Logistics Management
- Customer Service
- Safety Management
- Training and Development
2004 - Present
General Manager - Aramark Healthcare: 2010 - Present
Facility Manager for 2.2 million square feet academic medical center and 23 other surrounding properties that provide acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Manage all housekeeping, waste management and recycling. Administrator for over 250
employees and 18 managers and supervisors.
District Manager - Aramark Higher Education: 2007-2009
Operational executive for facility management accounts in North and South Carolina that provides leadership and strategic direction in building internal and external client relationships and operational excellence at eight colleges and universities. Managing over 200 hundred employees covering maintenance, safety, HVAC, housekeeping, energy, contact management and grounds and landscaping. General knowledge of Hazmat, EPA, Safety and ADA compliance.
Director of Facilities - Aramark Higher Education: 2004-2007
Facility Director for Spelman College located in Atlanta GA, managing 800,000 square feet of property and35 employees for custodial operations and special events. Achieve client savings of 80k annually through corporate purchase programs and reduce direct labor cost by 35% by eliminating overtime and putting efficient work schedules in place.
2003 - 2004
Manager of 5 commercial parking garages in downtown Atlanta with over 100 regular and special event employees. Increase revenues by 20% by reducing monthly collection from 35 days to 28 days each month. Improved customers ratings by cleaning up garages and putting in energy efficient lighting that made customers feel safer and also reducing energy costs. General knowledge of Hazmat, EPA, Safety and ADA compliance.
1999 - 2003
General Manager of Facilities Operations for a regional real estate management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Managed 2.5 million square feet of commercial property for BellSouth Corporation including engineering, maintenance, capital projects, energy, custodial and capital projects and data centers within a $20 million budget. Managed 42 third party vendor accounts and streamlined vendor base resulting in savings of $400k for client. General knowledge of Hazmat, EPA, Safety and ADA compliance.
1998 - 1999
Facility Manager for Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport responsible for management of 6 million square feet of custodial operations and 6 companies with over 400 employees. Improved passenger surveys through increased quality inspections and focused cleaning practices.
1995 - 1998
Director of EVS
Facility Manager for Columbia Parkway and Duke University Hospital. Managed 5 million square feet of multiple buildings 1000 bed hospital ensuring (JCAHO) compliance for custodial operations at 2 separate hospitals with excellent results. Managed 100 unionized employees and 4 supervisors.
1985 - 1995
Military Officer with various leadership positions over a 10 year period covering domestic and overseas locations. Jobs included commander of troops, professor of leadership, capital maintenance officer, fleet management officer and human resource managing officer.
- Many awards and recognition of outstanding leadership accomplishments reaching the rank of Major.
- Airborne and Ranger qualified.
- Supervised a team of 55 maintenance technicians that provided fleet maintenance for more than 400 vehicles.
- Professor of leadership at North Georgia Military College teaching and training leadership skills to freshman through senior cadets.
- Commanded over 150 combat troops.
- Administrator for 20 million square foot of property renovated and transitioned to German administrators during European drawdown.
- Managed a capital budget of 50 million dollars as battalion maintenance officer.