History, mythology,foreign language, travel, stocks and derivatives, tennis, swimming, and programming
20+ years of software engineering experience across multiple industries including advertising, banking, finance, airlines, insurance, and healthcare. Experience in leading geographically dispersed, multi-functional teams through all stages of system development.
Jun 2012 - Present
- Working on a number of tasks as team lead for a team of 3 developers. Shipped a range of projects from custom regulatory PDF generation to enhancements to WCF services that supply data to a Verzion hosted IVR. Currently architect and implementer of a RESTful services layer to expose proprietary formatted data from a Symitar core banking system and the design and development of our implementation of a 3rd party interface to allow data interchange on a level enabling migration to an alternative online banking platform. Additionally leading the effort on continuous integration setup using TFS including automated unit tests and web service and web application deployment.
May 2005 - Present
Sr. Software Engineer
Your Transit, Android Marketplace Application (Under Travel -> Your Transit)
- A simple interface for retrieving and displaying arrival predictions for San Francisco Muni (sfmta.com) buses and trains. This application makes use of the Nextbus.com RESTful XML Web Services and the Android SDK's HttpClient+HttpGet and SAX parser to retrieve and display route and prediction information.
Jul 2010 - Sep 2011
Software Engineer, Enterprise Application Services
- Worked with a small, talented team to re-imagine ways to use the vast, 100+ million archive of AP articles. Designed and developed a RESTful API to make this archive easily available to the AP's internal and external applications and partners. Developed a Workflow foundation (WF) 4.0 flow using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with Team Foundation Server (TFS) for publishing to the cloud with Amazon S3, while maintaining an abstraction layer that also supports Windows Azure Blob Storage.
Feb 2010 - May 2010
Sr. Software Engineer / Consultant
- Produced multiple iterations of Taleo Analytics functional prototype, a solid set of API(s), integrated branded graphics, and provided code repository and basic project management functions. Taleo Analytics enables organizations to get complete visibility into their employees by analyzing information about recruiting, performance, compensation, and employee development
Aug 2008 - Nov 2009
Sr. Software Engineer / Lead Developer
Media Promotions Optimizer (MPO)
- Consulted with business analyst on requirements development and testing strategy
- Introduced Visual Studio 2008, .NET 3.5, WPF, Model View View Model (MVVM) architecture, IOC and Dependency injection with Unity container, CodeSmith, code generation, and NUnit
- Designed and implemented core weekly level promotional placements and core components of application
- Implemented supporting Oracle 10, PL/SQL package, stored procedures.
Commercial Promotions Optimizer (CPO)
- Implemented numerous change controls and defects for this Visual Studio 2005, .NET 2.0 Winforms application with Solaris hosted Axis2c web services and Oracle 10 RDBMS backend.
Nov 2007 - Aug 2008
Sr. Software Engineer
Stocks and E-mini Futures Trading System
- Designed a programmatic interface for automated trading of stocks and futures using real time quotes.
- Implemented multithreaded order server and real time charting client with support for multiple indicators including, but not limited to MACD, Stochastic, and SMA.
- Integrated with third party brokerage API.
- Developed web service providing delayed quotes and company information for selected stocks.
- Implemented multiple databases and stored procedures for real-time and delayed/interval data.
- Implemented daemon service and batch jobs for updating collecting delayed stock quotes.
Jun 2006 - Nov 2007
Software Architect / Lead Developer
Web Services, Consumer Credit Card, for http://www.suntrust.com, PlumTree portal.
- Led an agile team of five engineers in design and implementation of shared web services for consumer credit card applications, credit transactions, payments and transfers, and rewards processing, .
- Wrote code generation templates (CodeSmith) to generate web services, .net, java, and vb clients, and NUnit using WSDL files from industry partners like Equifax, Inficorp, Maritz.
- Upgraded IBM Websphere 5.1/6.0 J2EE web services to interoperate with .NET.Debugged java CTG classes to support new credit card accounts on IBM mainframe.
- Wrote NAnt and CruiseControl.NET build scripts for continuous integration.
- Developed soap extensions for logging leveraging Log4net.
- Implemented authentication capabilities using WS-Security and WS-Addressing.
Nov 2005 - Jun 2006
Sr. Software Engineer
MedAxxis v4.0 Wait List Scheduling.
- Extensive use of sql profiler and query analyzer for stored procedure development and tuning.
- Full life cycle development with Visual Source Safe and defect tracking in Test Director.
May 2005 - Oct 2005
Sr. Software Engineer
ZC TaxSource, online tax management software
- Designed and built a Win32 DLL wrapper around official PGP SDK libraries complete with xml batch compression job configuration and a .net c# WinForms test application.
- Developed interface to ZC Sterling (Zurich) proprietary enterprise batch system, for executing PGP jobs, along with supporting Oracle pl/sql scripts.
Apr 1996 - May 2005
Sr. Software Engineer
- Tech-Ops Home Page Rewrite, Sep 2004 – May 2005; Architect / Sr. Developer, Technical Liaison. Migration of 20+ applications from multiple platforms, including Cold Fusion, ASP, Java, MFC, SQL Server, MS Access, and Oracle, to an ASP.NET, C#, Oracle, and SQL Server.Responsible for the design and development of the data access layer (DAL) and the training of 10+ developers.Technical point of contact for the off-shore (India) GUI development of 5 applications;
- Revenue Pipeline Ticket Viewer, Oct 2003 – Sep 2004; Team Lead / Sr. Developer.Led a development team of between 5-10 developers and analysts for 3 releases.Developed JSP pages and Java classes for BEA Web Logic application with Tuxedo DTD XML services backend. Ported Ticket Viewer application to Tomcat and Eclipse.
- Revenue Pipeline, Oct 2002- Mar 2004; Project coordinator / Sr. Developer. Led code reviews, coordinated with matrix organizations for testing and production.Developed support processes for a team of 7+ developers.Implemented bug fixes and enhancements for the Derived Data I and II Engines, Fare break and Work flow engines, BEA Tuxedo hosted C++ services using Rogue, MQ-Series, DB2 and Oracle, and flat files.
- Scheduling Systems, Nov 2001- Mar 2002; Sr. Developer.Migrated several OS/390 MVS hosted Fortran programs to C++, in OS/390 Unix System Services (USS) and DB2.Developed a data abstraction layer for city pair and city queue processing using the STL, eventually porting programs to HP-UX SoftBench C++ and Oracle8i;Also, developed PL/SQL scripts to load Oracle8i tables from DB2
- Fare Product Manager Software Support, Mar 2000 – Nov 2001; Developer.Performed software support for SUN Solaris, C++, pricing analysis and response tool; implemented bug fixes and Oracle8i database loading.Updated ATPCO fare information and fare rules data shell scripts.Performed analysis and tuning of long running Oracle8i queries, created indexes, resized database table spaces;
- Knowledge Management System (KMS), Jun 98- Mar 2000; Developer. Worked on Cold Fusion 3.1, enterprise wide, status reporting to report Y2K software remediation progress;Led a team of developers in the development of Knowledge Management System (KMS), used to track and report Y2K testing progress for Non-IT items.Wrote scripts designed tables, and wrote Oracle 7.3 PL/SQL to feed Business Objects reports.
- Usability Engineering Prototyping, Aug 96- Dec 98; Project Coordinator, Lead Developer.Developed group goals and objectives for 3 direct reports, developed training plans, interviewed candidates, and developed and marketed list of services; Led the full life cycle development of an N-Tier object oriented work order management system.Developed a Win-CGI HTML Forms based, object oriented, test generator for training hangar personnel.
Sep 1994 - Apr 1996
Software Engineer / Oracle DBA
- Oracle Database Development - Installed Oracle 7.1.3 database on 4 Sparc2000’s on WAN in 24x7 call center environments based on Oracle’s OFA guidelines;Developed tools to perform automated migration from Oracle6 for NetWare to Oracle7 for Solaris;Provided data sizing forecast based on existing use patterns; performed query analysis and optimization; Performed remote administration of multiple distributed, Oracle databases.Developed SQL*Loader control files, PL/SQL blocks, and stored procedures for data migration;
- Documetrix Document Imaging and Workflow - Analyzed and helped re-engineer work processes and implement custom imaging and work flow systems to automate previously paper processes.Performed software enhancements and bug fixes to USI’s Documetrix product line; Installed TCP/IP support for Novell NetWare clients; Updated Novell NetWare login scripts to perform software updates;
Jan 1992 - Sep 1994
- National Airspace System (NAS), Oakland ARTCC - Analyzed problems, designed, coded, and tested enhancements to the National Airspace System (NAS) En-route Operational software; Developed simulation routines to test changes to local database of airspace information;Wrote and/or updated support materials; Loaded updates to local airspace definition databases distributed by FAA Technical center; Applied software patches to the real-time, NAS system in a dynamic environment;
- Special Use Airspace Management System (SAMS) - Developer on team that redesigned and developed a new version of SAMS; converted legacy dBase system to a C, UNIX, ORACLE, OSF Motif, client-server application adding major functional enhancements. Utilized extensive Pro*C embedded SQL calls to the Oracle7 RDBMS; installed SCO Desktop 3.0 and development system on Intel desktop systems; Installed Ethernet cards, TCP/IP for windows, and windows X display server software.