Third World Travel, Business Process Improvement (Pro-bono Small Business Consulting), Youth Mentoring, Volunteering, Foreign Languages, Scuba Diving, Skiing, Sponsorship (financial support) of a Masai-Mara Elementary School in the Rift Valley, Kenya.
Create a new standard for service excellence in the personal and corporate ground transportation industry.
Strategic professional executive known for producing sustainable results in highly competitive environments. Hands-on leader who focuses on team development, utililization of resources, and significant and consistent revenue growth. Proven ability to focus on clients' unique challenges and to provide creative client-centric solutions resulting in long-term relationships. A consistent over-acheiver commited to company, team, employee, and personal success.
While my leadership, management and organizational skill set is highly transferable across a variety of industries I have 20 years of experience in the Information industry: Direct Marketing, Database Marketing, Data Quality, and Business Intelligence and Analytics to improve client customer database effectiveness.
Sold Renaissance Design & Renovation in 2008 to travel the world with my daughters, take inventory of my life goals, and prepare to start another business in the services sector.
Jun 2009 - Present
The region's finest, most dependable personal and corporate ground transportation provider.
Jul 2004 - Dec 2008
Founder and Owner
Left corporate world to found start-up high-end design and renovation business targeted to high-growth luxury home renovation market. Subsequent to achieving all target growth goals, sold business to return to corporate business-to-business environment.
- Created business plan, strategy, and launch of highly successful design and renovation business which achieved in excess of 100% year-on-year revenue growth during four-year period of operations. Sold business in 2008.
- Recognized as one of the region’s fastest revenue growth businesses in highly competitive specialty renovation market.
- In each of 4 successive years exceeded business plan forecast for revenue and customer acquisition targets.
- Achieved inclusion in City Business Journal’s list of fastest growing businesses for the specialty renovation industry.
Jan 2002 - Jun 2004
Senior Vice President - Global Alliances and Business Development
- Created and implemented Global Alliance and Business Development Strategy to increase usage of information assets across new international channels.
- Directed development of eCommerce requirements and capabilities to enable Dialog (A division of The Thomson Corporation) to create customized information product offerings for Alliance partners in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Pacific Rim.
- Developed industry’s first end-to-end language translation solution to enable non-English speaking users access to English content databases in native languages and return results in native languages, opening large new foreign markets.
- Created customized information solutions for partners utilizing content from sister Thomson companies as well as from content providers outside of the Dialog content collection to synthesize new product offerings for partners.
- Chaired Task Force activities that realigned entire sales and sales support organization to maximize revenue growth after acquisition by Thomson.
- Identified strong acquisition candidates that complemented business strategy and participated in post acquisition integration. (NewsEdge acquisition)
- Led product development efforts for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution and Real-time Virtual Publishing Product leveraging Dialog’s content collection to open new revenue channels.
Jan 1999 - Jan 2002
Senior Vice President - Client Acquisition
Recruited by CEO to build North American new customer acquisition division to accelerate new revenue growth in declining revenue environment.
- Increased annual revenues from $ 2.4 million to $ 11.2 million within 14 months of establishing new division.
- Created North American business plan to rapidly expand presence across existing and new markets.
- Redesigned product packaging, pricing, and promotion to increase market acceptance and drive revenue.
- Established customer support center to proactively promote usage and drive up-sell to new products.
- Halted customer attrition and constructed programs to increase base of recurring revenue.
- Developed and implemented new sales training programs to meet aggressive hiring timeframe.
- Within 6-month period, staffed division with over 75 new hires
- Opened 7 new sales offices within North America in first year.
Oct 1994 - Jan 1999
Vice President, National Accounts
Recruited in 1994 to create National Accounts Division to focus on growth of complex product and service offerings to the Fortune 1000. Responsible for all recruiting, training, and subsequent management of sales teams initially serving the Western United States and subsequently the Eastern United States. The National Accounts initiative was focused on competing head to head with incumbent information provider.
- Conceived and implemented National Accounts strategy model in extremely competitive marketplace successfully supplanting incumbent competitor.
- Held Full P&L responsibility for 14 state region providing sophisticated information-based solutions to clients
- Aggressively grew Region from 1 to 8 profitable sales offices within two years increasing revenue from zero to $5.1 million
- Increased net sales from $2.3 to $12.5 million in 12 months while increasing net margin contribution.
- Successfully integrated new acquisitions’ product line and personnel into organization resulting in an expansion and retention of key client relationships.
- Increased year to year customer retention from 58% to 98%.
- Led entire company in terms of year-to-year sales growth, net margin, customer retention, and new business development.
- Integral to client engagement process with direct ongoing involvement with senior management of client base.
- During 2 ½; year period grew sales in region from zero to $5.1 million.
- Successfully displaced main competitor and established foundation of sales organization.
Oct 1988 - Oct 1994
Responsible for all sales and marketing of credit, risk, and marketing products to Fortune 500 companies located in 19-state region. Responsible for the management and sales performance of 5 district offices.
- Directed revenue growth of district from worst performing district to number 2 performer (of 15 districts) during tenure.
- Grew previously zero-growth customer base by 136%, generating business growth of 220%.
- Developed strategic partnerships resulting in $1.2 million incremental revenue within region in initial year.
- Selected to lead 'Model Office' initiative to integrate 3 independent corporate operating units into one sales and support organization. Successfully integrated Credit, Marketing, and Receiveables sales and support teams into one organization. The success of this initiative led to the consolidation of each operating unit into single US Sales organization.
- Recipient of Sales Manager of the Year 1993.
Jun 1987 - Oct 1988
Responsible for development and growth of $28 million business information product line and developed key strategic partnerships that significantly improved services, product content, competitive positioning, and growth.
Jun 1985 - Jun 1987
District Sales Manager
Responsible for the sales management of a 25 person sales force selling new directory advertising against a long-term established competitor. Grew market share from zero to 22%. Exceeded new growth objectives by 145%. Recipient of District Manager of the Year Award in 1986 and 1987.
May 1984 - Jun 1985
Senior Account Executive
Responsible for management and sales growth of major advertising accounts in the NYNEX Yellow Pages. Awarded Presidential Citation for outstanding sales acheivement.
Aug 1979 - Dec 1983
Bachelor of Arts
The University of Arizona
Triple Major Degree: Business, Foreign Languages (German, Italian, Spanish, and French), and Psychology.