- Nashville TN
- [email protected]
Creative communications professional with the knowledge, skills and abilities to succeed. Demonstrated proficiency in event management, news and feature writing, editing, media and public relations, document design, Web content management, photography, strategic planning and social networking.
“Gregory is one of the best, if not the best, communications and marketing professionals I have worked with in my career. Not only does he have exemplary skills and talents for his position, but his personality makes him such a pleasure to work with on projects and events. He is the perfect professional for dealing with any type of media crisis due to his calm demeanor. He also has the perfect composure for "behind-the-scenes" activities, knowing that his job is to have the right people in front of the media at the right time. In my job as a fund-raiser, Gregory has the ability to position me, my volunteers, and my major donors in the perfect light. He is just a pleasure to work with and I always value and appreciate his foresight and assistance.”
- Reported on all facets of city life using extensive research, interviews, live stories and photographs; - Designed special features and pages -- concept to appearance -- for Memphis suburban newspaper.
- Assured customer satisfaction, efficient operation and productive teamwork in two offices; - Handled multiple projects in an extremely fast-paced environment; - Hired, trained, and supervised a team; - Produced brochures, flyers, newsletters and presentations; - Maintained and evaluated hardware, software and networks; - Prepared and assessed reports; - Marketed department services.
- Ensure consistent earned media presence in the primary markets of Nashville, Memphis and Louisville, and secondary markets throughout Arkansas, Kentucky and Tennessee;
- Cultivate media contacts and relationships; - Observe and assess current trends and opportunities of cancer and health topics; - Respond to media inquiries; - Arrange interviews; - Write and distribute releases, op-eds, letters to the editor; - Monitor and post to social media; - Coordinate press conferences; - Interpret complex scientific content for consumer use; - Photograph events; - Counsel and train staff and volunteers as needed; - Track and report media results.
- Provide communications and marketing support for programs in all of TN, AR and KY; - Plan and implement strategic communications efforts; - Train and support volunteers and staff;
- Develop and distribute news releases, public service announcements and feature stories; - Create scripts, ads, letters, programs, press kits, newsletters, photographs and presentations; - Serve as primary media spokesperson and crisis point person; - Organize events for the media and the public;
- Manage and license brand; - Increased minority outreach through new partnerships with African-American and Hispanic media; - Earned $250,000-plus media coverage annually; - Obtained media sponsorships valued at over $200,000; - Facilitated six radiothons to raise nearly $95,000; - Promoted from Specialist.
- Provided direction and guidance to public relations and outreach efforts; - Conducted facility tours; - Prepared media plans and pitched stories to news outlets; - Scripted and edited videos.
- Planned and directed community service events for 1,500 participants; - Implemented meetings for 1,000 guests; - Wrote and designed newsletters for internal and external audiences; - Wrote and distributed news releases, public service announcements and scripts; - Wrote and photographed for brochures, magazines, annual reports and website; - Trained co-workers and volunteers.
Public Relations Society of America, Memphis and Nashville - 1999 to Present
Presently serve as Nashville chapter officer
- Currently serve as Southeast regional officer and manager of prsasoutheast.org website; - Previously led Memphis chapter of the world's largest organization for PR professionals; - Presided at all meetings of a 200-member group and its 30-member board; - Appointed and worked with committee chairs to provide members opportunities to grow;
- Prepared and executed year-long plan to produce awards galas for 300 colleagues;
- Chaired committees for newsletter, ethics, awards and professional development.
Bartlett (TN) Community Theatre - 2001 to 2011
Volunteer Board Chair / Producer
- Managed volunteer board and produced popular musicals and plays; - Developed and implemented fund-raising plans and obtained grants; - Wrote news releases and gave media interviews; - Published website and Facebook page.
- Secured advertising and designed keepsake programs;
- Liaison to state, mayor and arts councils.
- Professional of the Year / Public Relations Society of America, Memphis Chapter
- Vox Communications Awards Winner / Public Relations Society of America, Memphis Chapter
- Distinguished Sales and Marketing Award / Sales and Marketing Executives Association of Memphis
- Gem Communications Awards Winner / United Ways of Tennessee
- Family - Photography - Travel - Performing Arts - Volunteer Work