Sunshine Coast Skydivers (SCS)
SCS is a dedicated tandem-only skydiving facility located on the Sunshine Coast. Established in
1994 the centre employs a dozen staff, including five full-time Tandem Masters. During my time as
Operations Manager my responsibilities have included:
- Jumping with customers as a full-time, handy-cam rated Tandem Master
- Acting as outside camera flyer on selected jumps
- Managing all aspects of staffing - including monitoring and enforcing high standards of customer service, coordinating staff meetings, and hiring and firing.
- Conceptualising and implementing creative marketing strategies for the drop zone, including:
- securing contra deals with local businesses
- creating and promoting drop zone package deals for special occasions such as Valentines Day, Easter and Mothers Day
- Increasing public awareness and driving brand exposure of SCS through display and charityjumps, and promoting these through traditional and social media channels
- Ensuring drop zone activities are conducted in compliance with APF operational rules and regulations.
- Overseeing a team of 12 staff to ensure all administrative tasks arising from day to day operations are attended to.