Vice President of Engineering
Responsible for all aspects of systems development and engineering for YouCaring.com, from setting strategy and roadmaps which evolve the platform, to driving the processes, design, implementation and production support for all YouCaring applications and infrastructure, both internal and customer facing.
Notable accomplishments include:
• Reduced YouCaring.com start render time from an average 9.5 seconds, to an industry leading average of 2.2 seconds. Established and enforced a strict performance budget to keep YouCaring from losing its newfound performance edge.
• Conceptualized, designed, and implemented systems which brought much greater reliability to critical YouCaring application functions like payments, email delivery, error and transaction logging, and much more.
• Architected and built a suite of REST APIs that now power YouCaring's image upload, manipulation and management capabilities.
• Handled day to day datacenter operations for YouCaring.com, and built out an extensive system for application performance monitoring and alerting for the YouCaring.com production site.
• Developed all of the SDLC-related processes which guide software development at YouCaring. Everything from software builds and deployment, to code review, source code control, and code instrumentation for application performance monitoring.
• Identified an opportunity for, and subsequently developed and negotiated a partnership with Smyte, a company which now provides fraud detection services for YouCaring.
• Secured YouCaring infrastructure after it came under distributed denial of service attack, and built a new, better performing, more resilient, and highly secure infrastructure as a result. We have not seen a single DDoS recurrence ever since.
• Represented YouCaring as a speaker at New Relic's annual FutureStack conference in November 2015.