Jun 2013 - Present
Director of Environmental Services
- Manage Advocate Sherman Hospital Environmental Services and Linen departments with 255 licensed beds, 2 off site locations, 1.1 million square feet, managed volume $3.3 million, 3 direct reports, and 75 FTE’s.
- Operations Manager at Advocate Lutheran General Hospitals’ 7 buildings totaling 1.5 million square feet including 650 inpatient beds. Responsible for 3 shifts, 5 direct reports, and over 181 FTE’s.
- Recipient of Advocate Health Cares’ MVP (Mission, Values, Philosophy) award in Excellence Q1 2014 and Partnership in Q2 2015.
- Attained tier 1 status 98% associate satisfaction survey results by actively rounding with associates, nurse managers, and living the Advocate’s Behaviors of Excellence.
- Outsourced off-site building operations resulting in an annual savings of $45,000.
- Accomplished an average HCAHPS patient satisfaction score of 77% tile through patient, employee, and nurse rounding’s.
Sep 2007 - May 2015
Village of Pingree Grove
- Chief Executive of 7,000 resident village in the Western suburbs. Represented Board of Trustees to the public, presided over public meetings, and appointed standing committee members.
- Principal negotiator during collective negotiations and served as the Village budget officer, managing $4.2 million budget, 7 direct reports, and 50 FTE’s
- Delivered annual Town Hall meeting report on the financial position of the Village and fielded questions from residents.
- Advanced Village long term planning by creating a preventative road maintenance program, working closely with staff and engineering firm.
- Advocated and won passage of a referendum approving consumer electrical aggregation resulting in a contract with First Energy Corp saving residents 40% of their electrical expenses.
- Saved 4th of July fireworks Celebration by raising $55,000 in private donations since 2011.
- Led the recruiting process for filling the office of Village Administrator.
Nov 2007 - May 2013
General Manager of Environmental Services
- Managed Centegra Health System 10 buildings including 3 hospitals with 333 licensed beds, $6.1 million managed volume Environmental Services, Linen, and Service Response Center budgets. Responsible for 6 direct reports and 120 FTE’s.
- Member of Centegra Health System Reaching for Excellence initiative incorporating front line associates to participate in the actions to achieve results. This included rounding along with the use of AIDET with every customer interaction. HCAHPS measurement of success with Patient Satisfaction consistently at 82%.
- Implemented business process reengineering plan resulting in 24% reduction in worked hours and 23% reduction in supply expense. This process change delivered a bottom line savings to Centegra Health System of $730,000.
- Program Manager for Centegra Health System Service Response Center – Chaired contractor meetings, managed project’s master schedule, developed work breakdown structure, and liaison with Vice President on project status. Project successfully completed on schedule and at budget.
- Participated in new account start up and selection of Environmental Services management team at Alexian Brothers Medical Center, Elk Grove, IL. Responsibilities included $5 million managed volume, 4 direct reports, and 107 FTE's.
Nov 2005 - Nov 2007
Director of Environmental Services
- Directed the planning, organizing, and overall operation of the Environmental Service and Linen departments at Highland Park Hospital.
- Energized staff on the importance of serving patients resulting in increased patient satisfaction results as measured by Press Ganey to the 99% ranking vs. peer group.
- Established capital and operating budgets for Environmental Services including monthly variance reporting to hospital Vice President.
- Instituted peer interviewing process as a component of recruitment of new personnel.
- Inspected cleanliness of facility, sanitation and infection control; took corrective action where necessary.
- Aramark Safety Champion, coordinated safety committee at Highland Park Hospital.
Mar 2003 - Nov 2005
Hospital Laundry Services
- Operated largest linen management account: North Shore University Health System 3 hospitals, $3 million managed volume, and 18 FTE’s.
- Monitored linen inventory with an annual usage of five million linen pounds ensuring proper par levels maintained by processing daily order adjustments.
- Promoted system wide linen utilization by attending department meetings and daily rounds resulting in a decrease of pounds per adjusted patient day saving the organization $35,000 annually.
Dec 2010 - Dec 2013
Masters Degree Operations
Sep 1993 - Dec 1995
Bachelors of Science
Northern Illinois University