Transocean- Deepwater Champion 6th Gen Drillship
- ensured regular preventative maintenance activities were completed to the electrical systems throughout the rig
- repaired and maintained deck equipment, drilling equipment, engine room equipment, living quarter’s equipment, lighting and navigational systems.
- Performing maintenance and troubleshooting on:
STX-Mann / 11Kv ABB Generators And Transformers.
ABB ACS6000 Thruster Drives
Kongsberg DP-3 station keeping
ABB ACS Drilling Drives
NOV Drilling Equipment TDS1000 Top Drive, AHD-1250 Draw works
PRS -5 pipe handling equipment
NOV mud pumps and Brandt mud processing
NOV knuckle boom cranes
480 volt switchboards, MCCs and Transformers
Troubleshooting branch circuits, lighting systems, and motors
Power Generation and Distribution
- Isolates and de-isolates main power distribution to equipment.
- Carries out electrical isolations in compliance with the company’s Permit to Work System and Electrical Procedures Manual.
- Restores rig power following a shutdown.
- Inspects, cleans, services, adjusts, troubleshoots, and repairs generators and controls.
- Performs planned and preventative maintenance.
- Sets operational parameters on breakers and transformers; isolates circuits.
- Inspects, services, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and replaces breakers and transformers.
- Cleans power distribution system switchboard while maintaining, servicing, troubleshooting and repairing components.
- Cleans, inspects, tests, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs motors and control circuits.
- Performs required planned and preventative maintenance and rotation of motors.
- Maintains, services, troubleshoots, and repairs the crane control system, brakes, motors, and electrical systems in addition to performing all planned and preventative maintenance on the crane control system.
- Tests and calibrates alarm systems and sensors, and maintains, services, troubleshoots, and repairs alarm and communication systems.
- Performs all planned end preventative maintenance.
- Maintains, services, troubleshoots, and repairs refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, in addition to performing all planned and preventative maintenance.
- Evaluates rig equipment for performance and monitors use.
- Determines/interprets capacities and performance data to select equipment to be used for maximum efficiency and reliability.
- Inspects, services troubleshoots, and repairs equipment in hazardous areas.
- Supervises and performs testing and changing of protective equipment settings.
- Configures, modifies, and tests electrical equipment; reads and interprets prints, electrical schematics, isometric diagrams, wiring diagrams, and technical manuals.
- Uses technical manuals and reference sources to find information regarding parts, repairs, replacements, operational conditions and procedures, and repair procedures.
- Calibrates, maintains, and repairs test equipment and tools.
- Conducts and documents inventory of tools and parts, ensuring that they are available for work assignments and in good operational condition.
- Requisitions additional parts and supplies to maintain adequate inventory and ensures rotation of spare parts.
- Keeps records of planned and preventative maintenance; including electrical isolation logs, and of scheduled manufacturer recommended test results for electrical and electronic equipment.
- Performs all preventative maintenance according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintains records of readings and tests.
- Updates rig drawings or recommends drawing changes based on work performed.
- Ensures compliance with all electrical provisions of applicable regulatory bodies, including National Electric Code, Fire Prevention Code, United States Coast Guard, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, and other local regulatory bodies.
- Ensures electrical equipment Inventory’s maintained, organized, and labeled for easy access to eliminate operations failures and downtime.
- Acts as a member of the technical team in the event of a fire or other emergency; participates in meetings and drills as a member of an emergency team.
- Maintains updated knowledge of electrical systems and of safety requirements and regulations concerning the use and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Ensures safe work practices in all areas of the operation the employee is involved in.
- Develops and implements Job Safety Environmental Analyses.
- Participates in safety and job-specific training programs.
- Performs all duties in accordance with the Permit to Work System.
- Utilizes Stop Work AuthorityMaintain compliance of shipboard systems as per government regulations and Coast Guard requirements