We research, organize, create and deliver educational opportunities in natural and digital sciences. Our initiatives help anyone learn how to live a more sustainable lives. We help our communities compete in global economies.
We demonstrate the alignment of our mission with our initiatives through regular activity reports. With your help and support, we’re setting a new standard for non-profits on Hawai`i Island.
Green Collar Technologies has developed partnerships which help organize and develop training and certification programs which benefit employers and workers for a greener economy.
Our advanced research into the ARRA and Green Jobs Acts enables us to provide resources on several levels, including,
Workforce preparation which includes, change management, internships, certifications, web-based and digital resources.
Online data collection and reporting systems – for training partnerships and programs which support the Green Jobs and American Recovery and Reinvestment Act requirements such as, program participant metrics, demographics, received services, per participant program spending, completion rates, interference factors, job placement, retention rates, average wages and annual increase or decrease metrics, post-employment services
Development and Strengthening of Hawai`i’s digital economies – we shift perceptions in sustainability by raising awareness and educating residents in digital technologies which enable green collar technology workers to compete in a global economy. We believe a strong digital economy can lead Hawaii beyond sustainability and into abundance.
We establish partnerships which help Hawai`i government and businesses convert paper-based processes into digital / paperless processes.
We support, encourage and educate workers interested in telecommuting for higher wages around the world from Hawaii Island, We help our small businesses compete globally.
Green Collar Technologies has carried out all of the initial activities required by Section 2 (National Research Program) of the Green Jobs Act. Green Collar Technologies and has met each of the three eligibility requirements to receive a National Energy Training Partnership Grant.
Green Collar Technologies has researched, organized and delivered green collar job training programs on Hawai`i Island. Working with local schools, businesses, non-profits, state workforce development offices and national trade associations has uniquely qualified our organization to further assist local and state government in planning and capacity development in the area of green collar jobs.
Efforts in support of our mission
- Testimony to the Hawaii County Council in support of Resolution 731 to encourage the administration to research the application process to obtain funding for an energy worker-related training program as established through the Green Jobs Act of 2007.
- Green Collar Technologies partnered with Hawaii County Research and Development to provide Green Collar Jobs research as a sole service provider.
- Testimony to the Hawaii County Council in support of The Sarah Project, a new sustainable community on Hawaii Island.
- Creation and delivery of the first "Green Collar Jobs Training Program" in Hawaii under separate agreements with Goodwill Industries of Hawaii and Hawaii State Workforce Development Division.
Green Collar Technologies have developed relationships with many small businesses and local trade organizations including;
- Kanoelehua Industrial Area Association (KIAA)
- North Hawaii Rotary Club
- Hilo Bay Executives Association (HBEA)
- Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce (HICC)
Green Collar Technologies has created working relationships with institutes of higher learning such as the University of Hawaii at Hilo.
We provide service to the following target populations:
Small Business Owners
Web Professionals and Educators
Unemployed / Underemployed
Formerly incarcerated / adjudicated
At risk youth
Persons with disabilities