Jan 2003 - Present
Oct 2006 - Nov 2009
Donation Coordinator II
Mar 2001 - Dec 2002
Registered Nurse - Burn ICU/ Bariatric Unit
Feb 2000 - Feb 2001
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
May 1999 - Jan 2000
Nursing Extern - Emergency Department
Apr 1998 - May 1999
Nursing Extern - High Risk Obstetrics & Gynecology
Aug 1994 - Dec 1999
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Academic Honors & Distinctions
Flint Scholar, 1995
Flint Scholar, 1996
Nursing Class Vice-President, 1997
Nursing Class Vice-President, 1998
Nursing Class Vice-President, 1999
Nominee for Maize & Blue Award, 1999
Volunteer Medical Support, Summer 2009
Flint Revitalization AmeriCorps Project
Emergency Nurses Association General Assembly, Salt Lake City, Utah
Michigan State University - Department of Anthropology
- Prestigious, five-week study abroad program offered biennially
- Open to only 20 students, throughout the United States and abroad
Emergency Nurses Association General Assembly, Nashville, Tennessee
Michigan Emergency Nurses Association, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Presentation: "International Nursing in the Dominical Republic", 1999
Bay Central Chapter of the Michigan Nurses Association, Frankenmuth, Michigan
Meeting of the Minds VII, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan
San Pedro de Macoris & Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Provided medical care to over 1000 impoverished children and adults
Society of Trauma Nurses, March 2008 - present
American Association of Critical Care Nurses, March 2008 - present
NATCO, The Organization for Transplant Professionals, October 2006 - present
Emergency Nurses Association, February 2000 - present
- 2006-2007 Chapter Secretary, Pacesetters Chapter, Michigan ENA
University of Michigan Alumni Association, June 2000 - present
Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing, April 1999 - present
- Highly skilled career professional with more than ten years practical experience caring for patients of all ages and in many areas of a Level I Trauma Center, including OB/GYN, Antpartum, Burn, Bariatric, Emergency, & Trauma.
- Manages heavy patient volumes, including taking charge responsibilities when needed. Computer skilled and proficient in all patient documentation & record maintenance, to ensure accuracy, patient confidentiality & outstanding patient care.
- Adept at utilizing time effectively and performing detailed, ongoing assessments of patients of all ages & acuities. Accomplished in performing and/ or assisting with many ICU/ Trauma/ ED procedures.
- Well-rounded and open-minded due to experience in a variety of clinical different areas.
Donation Coordinator II
- Facilitated and coordinated the entire organ donor process, including donor family support, offering families the option of donation, collaboration with hospital staff, medical mangement of organ donors, organ placement according to UNOS guidelines & surgical organ recovery.
- Extremely autonomous position, requiring a vast understanding of human anatomy & physiology, lab interpretation & correction, ventilator management & adjustment, medications, and hemodynamic monitoring, in order to ensure optimal organ function.
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to organ and tissue donation by assisting hospital staff and/or donor families during difficult or emotional situations. Regularly provided educational in-services to hospital staff, throughout Michigan.
- Required knowledge and regular use of an issued laptop, electronic medical records, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and many other online & offline programs.
- Co-developer & co-chair of the Gift of Life Michigan Journal Club.
- Actively involved in the education of clinical staff, through participation in the Gift of Life Michigan Education Council.