Senior Infrastructure Analyst
Although initially employed as an Oracle DBA at EADS my responsibilities have grown since I started and I perform a wide ranging infrastructure role. I have been recognized for my ability to absorb new techniques and technology and due to this I have worked on many implementations of new internal solutions ranging from implementation and management of virtual environments and storage arrays, corporate applications, monitoring and management tools and major projects which involve the design and build of completely new infrastructure. I also deputize for the Back Office Operations team leader covering management responsibility when he is unavailable.
- Designed a new infrastructure to be used to consolidate storage across multiple security classifications fitting guidelines from the UK Government's National Technical Authority for Information Assurance (CESG).
- Designed and implemented a complete infrastructure for a shared service organization for an EADS company called Innovation Works. This incorporated server hardware, multiple EMC SANs, a Brocade fabric connect with Qlogic FCIP storage routers, VMware ESXi4 and VMware Site Recovery Manager along with guest OS and Applications.
- Designed a disaster recovery solution to suit the company business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Designed and implemented the UK businesses first VMware environment to reduce our server sprawl and power consumption.
- Setup management systems such as Oracle Grid Control, HP Insight Control Environment, Microsoft System Centre and Altiris.