Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv
Layout Graphic Artist
- Creating Designs, Concepts, and Sample Layouts based on knowledge of Layout principles and Esthetic design concepts.
- Determining size and arrangement of illustrative material, copying and selecting style and size of type.
- Using computer software to generate new images.
- Marking up, pasting, and assembling final layouts to prepare layouts for the printer.
- Drawing and printing charts, graphs, Illustrations, and other artwork, using the computer.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements as needed.
- Conferring with clients to discuss and determine layout designs.
- Developing graphics and layouts for the product illustrations.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for the client/supervisor.
- Preparing illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients/supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Studying illustrations and photographs to plan the presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Preparing notes and instructions for workers who prepare final layouts for printing.
- Developing negatives and prints to produce layout photographs, using negative and print developing equipment and tools.