Tenacious, energetic and highly poised non-profit leader with over four years of progressive experience in fundraising, grant writing, event planning, copywriting, strategic planning, database design, and business efficiency optimization. A savvy relationship builder particularly gifted in written and verbal communications, I have a demonstrated talent for engaging donors, developing long-lasting relationships and garnering new, creative sources of financial support and business leads. Throughout my career, I have played a key leadership role in shaping strategies that resulted in stronger organizational philanthropic capabilities, more articulate communications, and enhanced brand cohesion. As a senior team member, I have participated in major organization decision-making processes and my input has been actively solicited to help develop creative, out-of-the-box solutions that ignite organizational productivity.
Fundraising and Events Management
- Within two and a half years, helped solicit and secure over $6 million in annual and programmatic support, including multi-year commitments, through successful annual fundraising programs, creative sponsorship opportunities and grant writing. In addition, helped secure and steward $2.2 million in disaster recovery funding to restore the child care community after Hurricane Ike.
- Increased individual donor revenue by 33% and increased number of donors who upgraded by 43% after first year as department lead. Donors who downgraded decreased by 30% in same year.
- Within first six months as department lead, rebranded and refocused annual fundraising event, increasing event net revenue by 47% in 2010 and grossing over $237,000. Previous annual luncheon proceeds had never surpassed $186,000.
- Wrote and/or edited over 50 government, corporate and foundation proposals and successfully secured two multi-million dollar grants in addition to dozens of others.
- Within first five months as department lead, initiated and led the roll-out of a new Circle of Friends membership group to grow individual giving base, including launch of website, collateral materials, initial mailing, launch event, and first member event. Secured 98 memberships and raised $44,000 within five months of launch, of which 46 were new donors and $14,366 was new giving.
- Instituted a proactive donor stewardship system to strengthen donor relationships and ensure donors felt genuinely appreciated for their support to increase likelihood of future gifts.
- Member and eventual leader of three-person team that moved department from an annual fundraising level of $1.2 million in 2007 to over $2 million by 2010, a 60% net growth in giving.
Marketing and Communications
- Overhauled communications and marketing strategy and implemented branding effort to deliver an attractive, consistent presence in community to attract donors and constituents. Revamped website copy and structure, overhauled key marketing pieces, re-wrote case statements and scripts, and leveraged social networks.
- Instrumental in concept development and implementation of a successful $400,000 awareness campaign.
- Utilized video and photography to create multi-media presentations to raise awareness of agency's impact and to facilitate deeper connection with donors and other external audiences.
- Developed storyline and interviewed subjects with videographer to produce new, highly successful video case statement to support fundraising efforts.
- Initiated and implemented first-ever organized content creation plan for organization.
Leadership, Strategic Planning and Organizational Management
- Transformed efficiency and results of fund development department within first year on the job by auditing all functions to identify gaps and inefficiencies, modernizing departmental workflow and technology, restructuring tasks as needed, and shifting historically disorganized and reactive activities toward an intentional, strategy-driven model.
- Initiated and led the redesign and clean-up of dysfunctional donor database, resulting in ability to utilize functionality to automate and revolutionize many manual processes and maximize staff time.
- Designed and implemented a cultivation management system in donor database to track complex volunteer and staff relationships, involvement and action steps related to donor cultivation.
- Conducted a four-year growth in giving analysis to provide greater transparency related to the intricacies of organizational fundraising trends. Analysis uncovered new, upgraded, recaptured, downgraded, lapsed new and lapsed repeat donor giving trends over a four year period to aid management and board in making well-informed, growth-oriented planning and budgetary decisions.
- Initiated internal strategic efforts to 1) promote more transparent communication and collaboration between fund development and program departments; 2) improve proposal/budget preparation and quality assurance process; and 3) create centralized, enhanced program metrics database to increase accessibility and transparency of agency results information.