1. Full secretarial support to the General Manager (GM) which includes:-
- Planned and organise GM/VP’s work schedule to maximize his use of time, allowing adequate time for meetings to ensure that his day runs smoothly and he has achieved all he has planned to.
- Ensured regular communication between myself and the GM/VP, so that both parties are aware of movements/plans, ensuring that both parties have accurate information and the GM/VP arrives promptly for meetings.
- Travel planning and booking accommodation as required.
- Handled all phone calls and mail, screening as appropriate to ensure GM/VP’s time is used efficiently
- Ensured that the production of typing, photocopying and faxing of relevant reports is accurately presented in a professional style and is in line with company procedures
- Prepared Powerpoint presentations
- Arranged meetings and seminars, ensuring as appropriate that participants have all relevant papers in advance and ensuring specifically that the GM/VP is well prepared for meetings.
- Took minutes at meetings, transcribed and presented back to attendees accurately and in the appropriate format
- Held Administration Meetings
- Organised Social Functions, roadshows and exhibitions
- Managed and maintained an effective filing system, ensured that filing is completed on a regular basis, so all files are kept up to date and can easily be accessed by the GM/VP.
- Collated company information as required eg. GM/VP’s whereabouts, company telephone
- lists, sickness records, holiday records etc. health and safety records.
2. Provided back-up secretarial support as required when other Director/GM/VP’s Secretaries are on holiday
3. As the HR Department’s point-of-contact, responsible for:-
- Ensuring file copies of the Divisional Personnel Manual are updated when new information comes from the HR Department.
- Providing company management with appropriate HR forms as required from the manual e.g. Starters, Leavers, Promotions.
- Entering applicant and employee details in the Human Resources Computerised System and ensuring all data is up to date, e.g. with change of addresses, change of personal details, sickness records, etc.
- HR administration duties include sending correct paperwork for starters and leavers to HR, issuing annual holiday forms to all employees in the Company.
4. Held the responsibility for all office administration, administration staff, office maintenance and reimbursements for GM/VP.
5. Lead, motivated, communicated with, developed, appraised and performance managed local and overseas interns to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs.
6.Ensured familiarity with Siemens Ltd., China’s Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
7. Complied with company policies, procedures and instructions at all times.
8. Contributed new ideas and methods and continued to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
9. Translation of Chinese documents into English and vice versa.