To attain a challenging position in the field of Instructional Design & Development in an effort to empower learners with the skills necessary to achieve their goals, using the aid of instructional technologies.
2011 Blackboard Exemplary Course Program (Official Reviewer)
ISTC 541 - FOUNDATIONS IN INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGYThis introductory course provides an overview of the field of instructional technology. This course focuses on helping students to develop an awareness and understanding of the theories and philosophies driving the field. In addition, this course will explore common computer-related technologies used within most learning environments.
EDUC 605 - RESEARCH AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Use of database networks for information retrieval; computer hardware and software application programs appropriate for research and curriculum planning; introduction to distance learning; interactive technologies and resource-based learning.
ISTC 633 - INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOThis course explores the design and production of video for education training. The emphasis on the instructional systems design process is supported by laboratory tasks that lead students through the process of producing instructional video. Computer-based editing is used.
Retrieved from: http://www.towson.edu
- Participating in the ISD process in order to develop online training modules for service excellence.- Learning how to use a proprietary LMS in order to import and catalogue courses.
- Explored various new Web 2.0 tools and how they could be applied to language teaching.
- Adapted and implemented a range of ICT tools with learners in face-to-face (f2f) and online contexts (blended learning).
- Taught engaging lesson plans based on combining task-based materials with theoretical concepts.
- Collaborated with colleagues to design and develop class curriculum and materials.
- Contributed to bi-monthly student assessments per University of Cambridge ESOL Examination standards.
- Assisted in teacher evaluations for ESL instructors in a college setting.
- Participated in intensive in-class training of various teaching methodologies, grammar and phonology.- Taught students of diverse language levels, covering speaking, writing, reading and listening.
- Taught beginner level English.
- Developed and managed software utilities for Fortune 500 companies utilizing various web technologies.- Led a quality assurance initiative for software targeted towards handicap users.
- Assisted university staff and students with their technical support problems.- Setup and installed necessary hardware/software components for computers labs and offices.
- Served as academic liaison between Executive Board and general body.- Devised effective study sessions, workshops and seminars to promote further academic achievement.