- Career Advisor and Counselor with fifteen years experience
- Business professional with nine years in the Information Technology industry
- Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator ™ administrator
- Experienced manager of career counseling professionals
Jul 2006 - Present
Director of Career Development
- Supervise 4 full time career advisors and 1 part time alumni career advisor.Provide ongoing coaching
- Oversee all career development programming, including generating programming ideas and evaluating outcomes for effectiveness
- Collaborate with team of 5 directors and Executive Director to make center-wide strategic decisions
- Lead teams in identifying targeted needs in School of Communication and College of Arts and Sciences, regularly meet with college administration to ensure we are meeting their needs
- Led three successful searches to hire career advisors
- Advise students and alumni on career exploration and job and internship search
- Design and implement new programs for students such as “Job Search Crash Course”, a speed learning event for seniors, attended by 80 students
- Manage self-assessment process, oversee administration, interpretation and ordering of assessments including MBTI and Strong Interest Inventory
- Respond to media inquiries, including interview on PBS’ “Nightly Business Report”
- Serve as a primary point of contact for premedical students with questions on interviewing, the application, and the personal statement.
2002 - 2008
Distance Career Counselor
Ready and Motivated Minds, LLC (ReadyMinds)
- Utilized the internet, email, and telephone to provide distance career guidance and counseling.
- Presented two-day professional workshops on clinical, ethical and legal issues surrounding the implementation of distance counseling
Aug 2005 - Jul 2006
Community Employment Coordinator
- Managed community career and employment counseling program.Supervised team of 5 counselors and employment specialists
- Conducted detailed career assessments including Strong Interest Inventory and the MBTI
- Developed and managed programs, including career workshops and community grants for émigrés.
- Actively marketed counseling services and programs throughout the community.
- Counseled clients ranging from older teens through retired professionals. Advised clients on resumes, interview techniques, job search, and career exploration
Bachelor of Science
Wake Forest University
Master of Science
Johns Hopkins University