Dedicated and enthusiastic 13 year computer professional, with a demonstrated interest in customer service and computer support. Belief in the importance of using technology as a tool to increase productivity resulting in more profitability and success for my clients. Areas of expertise include end-user support, network administration, and computer training.Computer support business owner with 13 years of information technology and customer support experience.Coordinated and directed teams involved in designing, installing and configuring computer network projects, with an emphasis on learning solutions and end-user support for seamless implementation. Management background includes leading teams, developing and managing budgets, devising time lines, creating strategies, overseeing technical design and development of all learning solutions, new business development, documentation, development of training curriculum, conducting training, and maintaining quality assurance.Skills include written and verbal communications, interpersonal relations, time management, organization, and critical thinking. Ability to create screencast tutorials and web pages.Strong working knowledge of Windows-based and Macintosh environments, Internet, and MS Office applications.
Teaching background as a computer educator includes over 10 years of experience teaching computer operating systems, applications, keyboarding, webpage design, hardware, and networking to students ranging from 5th Graders to community college students.Teaching background as a business educator includes 6 years of experience teaching business management, business marketing, webpage design, and E-Commerce.
With many years of experience in educational technology, I am confident I will make a significant contribution at your institution. What makes me different from other applicants?
Areas of Expertise
Strong working knowledge of PC and Macintosh systems, printers, and TCP/IP networking
- Vast knowledge of and experience with Win 95-Win 7, and Server NT-2008
- Skilled in support of MAC OS 6.7 - X
- Excellent troubleshooting and support experience with inkjet and laser network printers
- Experienced trainer of junior high students to retired adults.
- Skilled with TCP/IP networking, cabling, switches, hubs, and routers
- Integrated technology across curriculum providing additional classroom resources and enabling hands-on use of computer equipment.
Strong leadership and successful team building skills
- Managed a successful small computer business with seven employees.
- High School Child Study Team Leader
- Summer Camp Team-Building Counselor
- School District Technology Committee member
- Business and Computer Dept Head
Excellent technical, communication, presentation, collaboration, and customer service skills
- Arizona Marketing Educators (AME) conference presenter
- Presented to Benson City Council and Benson School Board
- Built strong, successful relationships with Computer Cowboy customers
- Developed and implemented staff professional development program
- Experienced using webcasting and webinar software applications
Extensive experience and proficiency with instructional software, course/learning management systems, online course delivery methods, and technology integration.
- Teaching blended computer and business courses using WebStudy
- Participated in and completed over 15 online courses
- Used Blackboard, Moodle, WebCT, WebStudy, and U of P's online management systems
- Completed SEI course via blended learning experience
- Participant in 2008 NACOL Virtual School Symposium
Detailed on my resume, you will find a solid background in systems administration, staff development and technical support. I believe this background provides the necessary experience you require. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in person about my career possibilities with your institution. Thank you for your time and consideration.