I aspire to become a part of talented, focused and motivated organization. I would like to leverage my MBA education as well as IT experience to transition into a successful career dealing with Operations and Process Improvement. Having set certain goals to be achieved, I would put my best efforts to realize them.
- Process Improvement
- Lean Six Sigma
- Problem Solving
- Business Analysis
- Turnaround strategy
- Project Management
I am a second year MBA student at Wake Forest University, Schools of Business, majoring in General Management/Strategy and Operations Management (Six Sigma). As a dynamic leader I bring a balance of leadership skills, creativity, well reasoned judgment, and excellent communication skills, I have many unique and competitive advantages to offer to the industry:
My experience helped me hone my skills in the following areas:
- Strategic Thinking - Enhanced my strategic thinking abilities during my internship by working on developing a new Sales and Operations Planning model for the new plant operations.
- Industry Expertise - Developed enterprise applications for clients in various industries such as Food and Beverage, Chemicals and Life Sciences, sharpening my analytical skills and decision making abilities.
- Project Management - Managed various project cycles, involved with planning, strategizing and resourcing the complete project.
- Lean Thinking - Certified Six Sigma Green belt professional. Expertise of using DMAIC and DFSS methodologies as well as using Minitab.
- Teamwork - Enhanced listening skills, interpersonal communications and result oriented thinking through active participation in work-related teams.
- Problem Solving - Attacked complex and diverse assignments that required troubleshooting and investigating and resolving problems by developing solutions as per the requirements of the client.
Aug 2008 - Present
2010 MBA Candidate
Wake Forest University
Specializing in General Management/Strategy and Operations Management (Six Sigma)
May 2009 - Aug 2009
- Coordinated efforts across multi-functional teams to improve the Sales and Operations Planning model increasing the forecast accuracy from 25% variation to 2-3%. Project executed using Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, resulting in reduced process cycle time by 70%, leading to opportunity cost savings of $45,000
- Reengineered the Production Planning model to support newly added cylinders at the Graham facility. The new model estimated the production, labor and raw material requirements to meet the sales forecast based on past SAP production data. The model realized 30% increment in planned production capacity by considering the mix of cylinders being manufactured each month
- Led the organizational Kaizen project for managing WIP inventory using a visual board to accommodate the expansion of newly introduced products. Developed standard operating procedures (SOP) for the WIP inventory circulation between the various locations in the plant
- Initiated process improvement project to reduce the number of scrap cylinders due to open-end defects. Defined Project Charter and performed Measurement System Analysis for the slug measurements
Feb 2005 - Jun 2008
- Managed the development of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) marketing application for Nestle with an emphasis on Trade Promotion scenarios. Allocated resources, functional responsibilities and established continuous reporting methods. The project enabled SAP to enhance Nestle's contract by $400,000
- Led a team of 12 developers to integrate Inventory Management and Procurement into CRM Service application for Kodak. The application allowed Kodak service representatives to perform inventory and procurement activities within a CRM solution. This key feature enhancement allowed SAP to attract more customers, potentially allowing them to increase revenue by $27 million
- Established CRM functional training program and mentored the team, bridging the gap between team members thereby increasing team productivity and leveraging existing team knowledge
- Spearheaded customer implementation of CRM Service for German customer BEWAG. Collaborated successfully between onsite consultants and offshore developers to transform the customer into the first reference customer
- Monitored enterprise application quality testing and performance enhancement, resulting in 98% error free product for the customer exceeding the targeted 90%
- Orchestrated projects that included evaluation of functional requirements to integrate ERP and CRM. Analyzed integration of procurement, bill of materials and functional locations into the CRM Service application leading to customer specific enhancements
Jun 2003 - Feb 2005
- Analyzed various order to cash and shipping applications for Agilent Technologies. Resolved existing bugs and worked on application enhancements leading to efficient business processes
- Re-engineered programs enabling automation of system administration processes between internal project teams that included troubleshooting and analyzing issues, performing root cause analysis, identifying bugs and proactively monitoring systems
- Improved and automated processes to enable smooth handling of issues between Oracle System Admin, Product Support, Oracle Functional Team and Agilent's Business Process Engineers, resulting in 50% resource reduction
SQL / PLSQL
Oracle Supply Chain Management
SAP Inventory management
SAP CRM Marketing & Sales
SAP CRM Service
Six Sigma project executed during internship following the DMAIC methodology.