Assistant Financial Accountant
Norwegian Cruise Line
Duties and Responsibilities
- Man the Onboard Credit Desk during service hours and at embarkation, as required.
- Obtain guest Credit Card registrations and handle changes in credit cards and/or method of payment.
- Accept, verify and record guest cash deposits, where applicable.
- Batch postings to guest accounts (i.e. Freestyle Gratuities)
- System account balancing and Close Day procedures. Perform nightly close day procedures.
- Credit card processing, including obtaining manual authorizations.
- Update Daily Revenue Summary.
- Monitor guest accounts with cash deposits and declined credit card authorizations, (closing accounts with no method of payment).
- Verification of system accounts checks and transfer of balances as per company policies.
- Audit all promotional charges, ensuring compliance to company policy.
- Balance all revenue areas on a daily/nightly basis.
- Report generation, back up and reset of the POS on a nightly basis.
- Manning of Foreign Exchange desk and operation of Foreign Exchange system on appropriate vessels.Daily balancing of Foreign Exchange float.
- Handle issues regarding guest disputes, queries and statement copies.
- Prepare system account checks for ship’s management approval.Ensure appropriate signature/approval received for all checks to be included in the voyage package.
- Other duties as assigned and approved by the Financial Accountant and/or Chief Financial Accountant.