Wausau Signature Agency
Managed overall operations for 6 offices and 90 associates generating over $120 million of premium. Built, motivated, and led a high performing team of Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing Managers. Negotiated contract details, built relationships with key clients, and resolved problems with major accounts.
- Led a 9 member, cross-functional task force that transformed the structure, policies and procedures and moved the company from a direct sales organization to an agency distributing the products of over 20 carriers.
- Executed a strategic plan that changed structure, policies, procedures and corporate culture. This resulted in 35% of total revenue coming from products provided by added carriers.
- Created the Non-Profit New York Workers Compensation and Harley-Davidson Dealership Programs to increase the marketplace and provide new products to the sales force. The New York Program became a model for writing non-profit business throughout the country. The Dealers Program generated a 25% penetration rate and over $14 million of premium.
- Reorganized business units to align resources with the client and prospect base in a cost efficient manner. The change resulted in moving from 10 to 6 offices, reducing costs by 20%, and at the same time increasing client retention rate by 5%.
- Recruited, hired, trained, and mentored the Director of Sales who managed the leading Unit in new business production 4 of the last 5 years.