Director, Founder, and Teacher
Gloria Shepard: Mindfulness & Parenting Education
- Establish clear direction and focus for programs bringing mindfulness and parenting support to individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Work responsively with community by listening deeply to needs of students and community members and offering specialized classes and workshops,
- Manage communications through all levels of organization,
- Create outreach, marketing, web and social media presence,
- Schedule and plan calendar with hosting organizations (including schools, programs, organizations, mindfulness centers, yoga studios) as well as with students and parents of students,
- Evaluate and refine offerings based on formal and informal feedback,
- Work collaboratively with related and like-minded organizations locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Meet each student, partner, and organization where they actually are and support them to make meaningful, self-initiated changes to decrease stress and improve quality of life,
- Teach mindfulness with a focus on building personal awareness and bringing peace into real life to individuals, classes, and groups,
- Teach conscious parenting with a focus on cultivating self-awareness and self-regulation, parenting for emotional intelligence, and supporting parents to build constructive and healthy relationships with children,
- Provide ongoing mindfulness and parenting support through written class materials and follow ups.
- Provide individualized emotional support for people of all ages including deep listening, social-emotional skill building, conflict resolution, relational communication, and more.
PROFESSIONAL OFFERINGS INCLUDE:
Mindfulness Classes & Programs: Mindful practices to build the capacity to create space between what happens to us and how we respond.
Parenting Education Classes and Programs: Emotional skills, mindfulness-based self-regulation, and child development combine to help parents create connected, clear, and supportive relationships with children.
Mindfulness-based School Programs for Teachers & Students. Explicit instruction to build the focus, concentration, and self-regulation that support school success and social-emotional development.