- Supervised designers, illustrators, photographers and temporary staff to ensure consistency of design and messaging among corporate and programmatic materials.
- Juggled multiple projects simultaneously while completing projects on time and within budget parameters.
- Created and implemented new AARP logo and brand identity system based on research and focus group testing.
- Directed the design, photography and production of printed materials, promotional items and exhibits for AARP Member Events in Chicago, Las Vegas, and Puerto Rico.
- Provided design and editorial support for the AARP website.
- Created materials for internal client base, members, volunteers, and policy makers, which included annual reports, research documents, brochures, and promotional items.
- Collaborated with the Children’s Defense Fund to create and produce print materials for the Stand for Children rally on the Mall.
- Provided design, printing and production expertise to various departments and groups within AARP and its subsidiaries, including the AARP Foundation and AARP Services, Inc.
- Collaborated with production staff to develop specifications for print, product and exhibit designs.
- Organized Association-wide training with the Clear Language Group to encourage internal content providers to use creative plain language in an effort to better communicate with AARP members and volunteers.
- Identified lower-cost options for obtaining stock photography, saving the department thousands of dollars in licensing fees.