Director of Business Development / Marketing & Program Manager / Engineering Specialist
- Directed effort to rebrand high technology product for niche market; performed voice of the customer (VOC) market research activities to develop new product requirements; directed engineering to incorporate new product features; coordinated new product launch at a major industry trade show; developed and implemented marketing campaign, and expanded national sales force, resulting in a 12% increase of business unit revenue in the 1st year.
- Developed strong working relationships with DOD customers to develop advanced ultrasonic imaging solutions for their major issues, prepared white papers and proposals, resulting in contract wins that represented 65% of the business unit’s total annual revenue.
- Assembled and led teams from federal government, university and industry on NDE engineering development contracts from proposal development to project management through final delivery for DOD and FAA customers.
- Promoted into business development and marketing role; leveraged engineering background, as well as program management and business / marketing knowledge to manage all facets of position including development of marketing collateral, trade show displays, web site, technical paper presentations, demonstrations and training sales force.
- Played the key leadership role on project that resulted in the 1st neural network-based, ultrasonic inspection technology implementation for a USAF depot-level maintenance nondestructive inspection (NDI) procedure that far surpassed customer expectations.
- Led advanced NDE applications and transducer development efforts for automated scanning and imaging system using ultrasonic and eddy current imaging modalities, thereby enabling major contract wins.
- Performed as Level III in Ultrasonic and Level II in Radiography for division; successfully completed Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) qualification for intergranular stress corrosion cracking (IGSCC) detection and sizing, thus adding to the division’s NDE capabilities.
- Streamlined 80-hour training program for DOD customers and division employees; improved content quality, condensed information, and reduced program time required; increased productivity and better addressed customer / participant needs.
(Fortune 500 scientific, engineering, and technology firm in national security, energy, environment, infrastructure, and health services)