Manager of Cardiac Cath & EP Lab/ Manager Critical Care Unit
Responsibilities include staffing, scheduling, patient flow, budgets, device supply contracts, coronary supply contracts, competencies, policies, procedures, JCAHO readiness, quality assurance, physician concerns, patient concerns, and safety. Also, responsible for the National Cardiac Data Registry and ICD Registry programs.
- Reduced door- to- reperfusion time to less than 60 minutes (average of 44 minutes) for STEMI patients.
- Coordinated the purchase and education of a Left Ventricular Assist Device.
- Initiated the purchase and use of a Pyxis® medication system within the Cardiac Cath and Electrophysiology Labs to reduce medication errors and improve system of charging for medications.
- Instituted “Meds to Bed” program to ensure all coronary intervention patients received anti- platelet medications prior to discharge.
- Instrumental in creating a three-year strategic plan for the Critical Care Unit as well as Cardiac Services.
- Reduced turn- over rate for Critical Care Unit to less than 15% from greater than 50%.
- Instituted membership to AACN program.